or Connect

Posts by japonica

Thanks. Day 8 and still doing okay. No fever or anything. I can empathise with you. I'm probably one of the more reluctant moms on the S&D forum, and after the dT series for each kid, I'm done. Well, if the kids decide they want to go on the school trip to Indonesia in their senior school years, then I'll remind them that they'll need to take into account the vaccines they should have before going. That'll impact their decision, no doubt. I'm not looking forward to trying...
Day 7. No fever yet. No rash. Nothing. Fingers crossed it keeps going so well. 
We never did a DTaP but just wanted to say that I'll feel the same way next year with the first of the dT series, so I can empathise. Hope everything goes well. 
This is our plan as well. I'm hoping that a second MMR is unnecessary. 
Thanks. I'm keeping that in mind…to expect something around the one week mark. They're getting extra SA this week, about 2g a day, and the maximum allowable supplemental vitamin A for their ages.
No fever, no issues whatsoever yet. They said to watch for fever, rash, about 5-10 days in.
I'm not going to divulge it, nor the nurse. I suppose they are willing to support a family who wants to selectively vaccinate but is given no choice by the government. I know my GP was glad we'd finally started the process, in his mind he probably thought, "Wow, they've finally made the right decision," and he was committed to helping support us in our choice.    He wouldn't budge on the dT though, even when I showed him the info from the US and Canada. So, flexibility...
In fact, it's a story of four adults (two parents and two medical professionals) sitting in a nurse's office trying to figure out how to outsmart Aussie bureaucracy.   We decided to do one MMR and get a titre done for DS and DD. It's their first vaccine each at ages 9 and 5.5. We're holding off on the dT until they're allowed to get it here, starting age 10.    Well, the issue is the Australian Immunisation Registry tracks all vaccines given to kids age 7 and under....
I'd consider reporting her. At the time, I would have asked her, "Yeah? What purpose would it serve to look up their private health info? Are you going to disseminate it around the school? No? Are you going to confront their parents? No? What's the merit in digging through personal files then?"   What's more, I can't believe a teacher would be so brazen as to state she was going to look up private info for personal curiosity with a witness to it standing right there....
Yeah, I just noticed that link the other day, thanks for posting it here though. Serotype replacement and epidemiological shift. Yikes.    Even with the shift of non-Hib strains to the higher age groups, as the study documented, there's nothing to be done about it anyway as there's no vaccine for anything but Hib.    The other thing that struck me when I was reading the study was that it was done in Manitoba using isolates from Manitoba, Northwestern Ontario, and...