or Connect

Posts by japonica

Australia does not have mandatory vaccination, so there are quite a few selective/non-vaxers there. Same for Canada as well. I'm not sure if there are compliance stats out there (and I can't research right now, baby starting to fuss) but a few years back I recall reading in one of those local health region magazines (you know, the free ones in waiting rooms) that in the health region they estimated 85% of children fully vaxed on schedule, about 10-12% partially vaccinated,...
Quote: Meningitis B vax was just removed from the vax schedule here. They claim it ended the epidemic here. However, one study showed that any "immunity" gained was lost within a couple of months of receiving the last shot. I was just going to mention that. Wasn't it a total joke? I believe Hilary wrote about it as well...
Thanks for that...we haven't enrolled DD in school yet...so we wouldn't have a vax record at all, since she hasn't received any. So, do I just hand the school staff a blank form? LOL....
Just saw your other thread about Melbourne or Sydney, so I guess that answers my question...
We're moving to Australia in a few months' time. Both of my children have not had any vaxes. From what I understand, you just need to present a copy of the signed conscientious objection form (the one who submit to the gov't) if necessary... http://www.medicareaustralia.gov.au/...ction_form.pdf What state are you moving to? We're headed for WA.
Nothing like a bit of empty-headed towing the party line to make me choke on my morning coffee...written by an RN of course, in defense of Offit... Quote: Some illnesses have become so uncommon, in fact, that misinformed parents can afford to take the chance that their children will not get sick if they remain unimmunized...A fever after a shot could lower the brain's threshold for a first seizure -- a seizure which would have occurred eventually anyway, but...
Quote: Yes, but the medical profession will never permit a double blind study of vaccinations since they would never want to withhold the "benefits" of vaccination from any child...NOT! All the stuff about ethics and drug companies just makes me Has anyone read Sonia Shah's the Body Hunters: Testing New Drugs on the World's Poorest Patients. Among numerous other examples in the book, she documented how between 2000-2001, children suffering from...
Quote: I find it more interesting that 2 of the 3 cases of meningitis occurred in children following the vaccine schedule. The other two were not given a meningitis diagnosis but got linked to the Hib. That alone should make anyone pause who is doing the vax just for the supposed prevention of meningitis...
not to be cynical, but when the supply is back up, then the boosters will be necessary...