or Connect

Posts by japonica

And you can ask me too. I've been through two sensitized pregnancies so far (winrho failure) and have had healthy, happy, full term babies. Ironically, my first child was stillborn at 40 weeks for unknown reasons after 3 winrho shots that pregnancy and my last two kids, no shots and they're here...go figure. P.S. Start reading up with the link in my siggie...lots of info there...
Quote: Are they sure it was measles? How was it diagnosed? You're really not supposed to be able to catch measles more than once. Is there a chance that it was re-activating cytomegalovirus instead of measles? Hilary Butler mentioned in her book (JALP) that her sons got measles twice, in 1985 and then again two years later. She also says that once the doctors saw that in one son's file, they scratched out "measles" and instead wrote "morbili-like...
There's a multitude of reasons. It started with thinking about why on earth a 2 month old baby needed a tetanus vax when it was -25C outside, the ground is frozen, and she can't even walk yet. Weird. Since then, 3 + years later, I've not found any convincing reasons to vaccinate. It's not only the chemicals and crap in the vaxes, it's the way vaxes circumvent the body's natural immune processes, the dismal safety record and questionable clinical trials, their dubious...
There's a link to a Rhogam thread in my siggie. I would consider in the risk/benefit analysis the class C drug category (unknown effects on fetus) and from what I recall reading on the manufacturers insert, it has only been tested on animals but not actual pregnant humans--too unethical I imagine--yet it's given to them. Plus, the manufacturers remind you that it is a human blood product, made from the plasma of many donors, and can theoretically carry unknown viruses...
No vaxes here either...woo hoo!!!!
Wow, thanks ladies for the peace of mind responses...whew...one less thing to worry about. I appreciate all your replies! And no offense meant to the savvy nurses who really know their stuff...I just had to ask as all this is new to me... Hi Liseux! Yup, I'm almost 32 weeks, I'm still 1:64 and he's still less than 1.29 MoM on his dopplers. The OB and peris are impressed we've made it this far with no IUTs. *fingers crossed, knock on wood* Next scan is this Thurs and...
Thanks to both of you for the replies and helpful info...I appreciate it! I suppose I'm thinking about any "old school" nurses who may still think that proper cleaning and care includes retraction (I even recall reading an old baby care book written in the late 60s and it specifically outlined how to retract to clean after diaper changes...yikes). But like you said Gillian, I can just double check with the head nurse/ped and make sure that we're on the same page...my...
Hi everyone, Wow, it's my first time posting here but I've been lurking (and reading) since I found out we're having a little boy. I was looking for some input/advice... I'm due to deliver next month by induction (Rh antibodies), and if my DS is affected by the antibodies to a similar extent as my DD was, he'll probably end up admitted in hospital for about a week to 10 days for treatment under the bili lights and possible transfusion(s). I've been reading all the...
Yeah, I thought the B grade was a bit over the top as well, seeing as she's been so incredibly healthy...never had an ear infection, only had abx once in 3 years, maybe 2-3 colds in that whole time. You just can't find a healthier kid. It might have also made a difference if the med was done by our own GP or her ped, but we had to use one of their "panel doctors," so we had no choice in who we saw. About the growth issue, for our visa, they did measure and weigh her...
Hi there, We just went through this as well...we're in the process of moving to Australia and my DD is completely unvaxed. For her medical, I was asked if she was vaccinated and said no. Then the doctor asked why...I just said we were delaying until school age (not accurate but figured it would be less hassle than saying not vaxing at all). I didn't get a lecture or anything but the meds are completed on a grade basis (A or B) and the doctor assigned my DD a "B"...