or Connect

Posts by japonica

Good catch, Carrie. It might have been the P vax...here's what I could dig up... http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/publicat/...pb/pche_j.html Quote: By January 1998, 11 of the 12 Canadian provinces and territories will have incorporated aP vaccine (administered as PENTACEL) into their infant immunization schedules Although they note that 3 of the provinces started using Pentacel in June of '97. So, it'll be interesting to see what the published...
The official gov't schedule says they use the aP. http://www.gov.mb.ca/health/publiche.../schedule.html So, I think it's just the media using the old short form. The study's supposed to be out in a few weeks...so I guess we can wait for all the nitty gritty details then. I just wanted to post a heads up.
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sub...-4709994c.html Quote: Kozyrskyj found nearly 14 per cent of the children who received their first shot of the diphtheria, pertussis, and tetanus vaccine at two months of age developed asthma--compared with only 5.9 per cent of the children who were vaccinated more than four months after the scheduled date. It'd be interesting to see what the rates would have been for unvaxed children...hmmm...
I would hold off on vaxing until you've completely researched it and are comfortable with the decision. We're in Canada as well and we have the right to refuse vaxes. My DD is completely vax-free and was in preschool as well, with no issues whatsoever. We did get some hassle from community health nurses in the beginning, but they stopped calling when she was 18 months old. And as for peds/docs, we've had both the ped and an ER doc ask about her vax status over the...
bumping up
bumping up
And don't forget to add, it has a failure rate, even when used correctly. Just thought I'd add that for the dozens of women on our iso board who were sure surprised that the rhogam wasn't 100%. It's also a class C drug and a human blood product... I just read on the vax board a link about HPV being found in the bloodstream of some infected persons...man, I hope the screening for the donors for rhogam is beyong reproach...I had 3 shots of it and I wonder what else...
Please add me...due May 14...
No offense taken or anything. I have a healthy scepticism of most things doctors tell me anyways...I also put it down to the fact that they usually just don't READ...so they might have just assumed it was the winrho shot and not have actually looked on my chart to see that the last shot was 7-8 months ago... For the good news...met with the peris for the first time this 2nd iso pg and everything looks fine so far. We did a baseline doppler and we're starting ou routine...
I think it's 6 people now. One person in Red Deer had what they called an "allergic reaction" but when they reviewed the file, it was actually a true anaphylatic reaction. So, last I heard, they had suspended the campaign for 17-26 year olds, and are worried about supplies for routine vaxes for the 1 year olds and the kindergarten booster group.