or Connect

Posts by japonica

Quote: He said that even IF the rhogham contained mercury, there is no proof that mercury causes problems. And that's a neurologist talking! Time to put his medical license back in the Corn Flakes box.
Prenatal rhogam is not as innocuous as it is made out to be. For some of the issues about administering it prenatally, check out the link in my siggie. I don't know if it can be pinpointed as the cause for his delays, but it may have contributed to some issues along with diet and nutrition, enviro toxins, genetics, epigenetics, etc. It is a class C drug and so it has unknown effects on the fetus. If you read the product insert, you'll also see that it may contain not...
Go to the dental forum and check out the "chelating mamas" thread. There is a wealth of info there... BTW, chelation is a no-no 1) while you still have amalgam fillings in your mouth and 2) while BFing. Your best bet is to just make sure your vitamin and minerals are up to where they should be to allow your body to deal with the mercury leaching out from the fillings (optimal detox pathways and immune support to counter the effects of the mercury) and then after you're...
Thanks, Jane. I just started reading through the thread this afternoon (I had skimmed it before) now that I finished Cutler's book, I have a better grasp of what y'all have been talking about. I'm excited and frankly kinda terrified about chelating. The "bad" days and occasional side effects sound unpleasant. I don't particularly like headaches and since I changed my diet and see the chiro regularly, I seldom get any, so not looking forward to that aspect of it...guess...
Hi there, I'm kinda in the same boat as you (check my thread called "Help! Q re: amalgam removal and chelation while TTC). I'm 37 and also have endo. I would read up and research as much as you can before having the fillings removed. I was supposed to have two of mine removed last year (which I refused as I was still BFing my DD) and it's taken me this long to do the research and find a dentist who would do the removal in a safer manner...check out...
I went to see the IAOMT dentist today and I'm feeling more optimistic now than I have in the past few weeks. We did a 2 hour long consultation and he follows all of the protocol (separate air, dental dam, keeping the fillings cool, cut them out rather than drilling into them etc.), including the vit C IV (hurray). He was very knolwedgeable about the whole issue of mercury toxicity and we had a great discussion. It was such a pleasant experience to talk to a dentist about...
Quote: Once the mercruy starts dumping out of your organs it is a continuous process dependent on concentration gradients if you don't chelate. I'd like more info on that...I think I need to read up. Do you have some info to point me to...Right now I'm mainly concerned with levels during chelation and if my blood mercury will rise higher than it was before the fillings were removed (assuming I go with the IAOMT protocol and don't get a huge exposure...
Maybe I should write a script about vax failure...hmm..."But wait, doc, I was vaccinated for whooping cough!" Do you think they would make it into an ER episode? LOL
Sometimes I despise Chatelaine. Last year, they ran an article (around Mother's Day) about the pros of elective c-sections (for no medical reasons whatsoever). I think that nitwit Eckler wrote it. Anyway, lots about "convenience," and "safety" and about how it just made life easier for her and her OB. Aaargh. : I'm not surprised by this vax article, although it is sad to see someone so misinformed.
Anyone? Jane? Chelating mamas?