or Connect

Posts by Alphaghetti

I am sorry this is happening to you. I might even find the wife's behaviour more alarming than her husband's.  You did the right thing. I would most likely contact the company again to report the wife essentially, as you said, badgering a victim of sexual harassment into recanting. NOT acceptable. 
Lucky! I worked really hard to brainwash my kids into liking good music, but alas, they have rebelled. ;)  They DO like great stuff, but they also like the top 40 crap.
Hmm yeah this bothers me too. My children are older, but I run a home daycare, so I am exposed to mothers interacting with their small children daily.   Recently, I met with a mom who told me that she only spanked her 1 year old when she "has to", y'know like when she squeals, or when she's crawling toward the stairs. I refuse to take these kinds of people into my daycare.   Children this age cannot be accountable for their actions. Cause and effect reasoning is...
Wow. I have never ever heard anything about this before. I don't have babies any more, and haven't for quite some time. I guess I'll have to read up!
My 12 yo has an iPhone. I gave her my old one when I got the newer version. I'm a bit of a technology whore like that. She loves music, so it's her iPod too. :) She was asking for an mp3 player, so I figured why not? I feel good that she has a phone, because she normally goes with her two younger siblings to the corner store and to the park and other such neighbourhood excursions, where I feel better knowing that they can get in touch, and that I can reach them. I don't...
  SAME! Except now that my kids are getting older, one out of three veers more toward the pop side. They all listen to popular music of our time now, but appreciate our music at the same time.   I don't really mind the Katy Perry and stuff. She's reasonably talented, as in she writes(her own) catchy pop songs that are sometimes a little clever, and she's a bit wacky which I kinda like.  I remember when I was little and listening to the Grease soundtrack. I knew there were...
I think unless you're adverse to him hearing a possible swear word or two, it should be totally fine. Since it's outside, you can move him around a little  more freely than an indoor venue.    We are fairly regular Bonnaroo attendees. While we haven't brought our kids yet, our friends had their then 9 year old daughter meet up with us there on the Sunday, due to child care issues. It was fabulous. Their girl had a ball, and there was nothing inappropriate, until...
Wow. LOL No disrespect intended. You asked a question about opinions, and I answered with my opinion. 'Tis all. Peace.  
I was born in 1971, so I was 9-19 in the 80's. I guess you could call it my first conscious decade. :)   I remember the space shuttle blowing up when I was 14. I wore my hair in the back, long in the front, and parted on an extreme angle at that age. Leg warmers, fingerless gloves (a la Madonna), gummy shoes AND bracelets, anything lace, neon and oversized sweatshirts with leggings were the fashion. Wait...that's what my girls are wearing NOW!!    I do remember...
It offends you because it disturbs you and creeps you out? Why? I also had Michael Jackson posters on my wall when I was little. Is that creepy too? I was wondering why this particular type of thing bothers you. You mentioned that you don't want your daughter obsessing over a boy twice her age...it sounds like you think it's more than just tacky. I am telling you that I buy this stuff because my daughter likes it. I don't see the harm. That's MY point. You asked for...