or Connect

Posts by Alphaghetti

My 12 yo daughter loves Justin Bieber. She has posters of him in her room. I don't understand why you're offended by it. He's not naked. She also  has a Beatles poster and a map of the world, all at her request. I don't see any difference. Her room, her tastes. Kids that age tend to like to advertise their likes and dislikes on binders, in their rooms, etc.   Childhood crushes are normal. I had pictures of Rob Lowe all over my room at her age.
Yeah, I don't see this as a hill to die on. You're getting apparently discounted daycare (although this is the going rate in my area), and she gets to be with someone who you trust - half an hour of tv is a very small price to pay for this kind of security.   I really really don't wish to sound condescending in any way - please don't take it as such. We have ideals when our kids are little, and before they're born. These ideals often fall by the wayside as they age,...
As a follow up: I am taking her home this evening. Her mother is meeting us at the train station. Her mother was not and is not upset with me in any way. She does not seem to find it unusual that her daughter was here a month without my calling her. Great. Friend has expressed interest in coming back later in August for another visit. My wheels are turning. My original question was, how can I approach a mom about giving us custody?  I think maybe "custody" was an...
Happy Birthday BABY DEAN! He's gorgeous.
I just want to add that perhaps the school might entertain the idea of having huge boxes of things and either have the kids take turns bringing in the huge boxes (meaning they're cheaper, and they know that it's not cross-contaminated), or everyone pay a set amount per semester or quarter, and the school supplies all the snacks (which is what my kids's school does).   For those of you who are questioning why this is such a big deal, or are complaining about the no...
I guess you missed my update. I have talked to her mother. She's going home this coming week, and I will be calling CAS.
I am taking her home on Friday. I will then call CAS to let them know what I've seen. I guess all I can do now is hope that the system does not fail her, because I predict that this will likely sever all ties we have with her family. I feel sad and defeated.     I am still reeling that so many of you think that I have done something terrible here. I don't see inconsistencies in my post. I was trying to seek advice on how to talk to the mom - meaning I wanted some form of...
So sorry that you all feel the need to jump on me. I do not feel "irresponsible" or "stupid". Well, I do a little, now, due to the feedback I've received. I do not think that eloquence is my strong suit, and perhaps you've misinterpreted some of the things I've said - I'm not sure. But in my daily life, friends and family don't feel that we've done anything wrong here. I was sort of looking for uninvolved and possibly experienced words of wisdom, and well, I guess I got...
I have no idea what forum I should post this in...if it needs to be moved, please do so.   My 12 yo DD has had a very good friend for going on two years now. We have recently moved about 45 minutes away, and her friend has come with us. There has been no formal arrangement made, but when we lived in our previous city, this little one was at our house every weekend, and often slept over during the week as well. Friend has some behaviour issues. Basically, she is rough...
The OP does not appear to be asking for your approval for what she is doing.   OP, it appears that MA does in fact have an exemption form for religious beliefs. http://www.nvic.org/Vaccine-Laws/state-vaccine-requirements/massachusetts.aspx     As stated on MDC before, your religion can be whatever you want it to be. I don't think a state has the right to ask you what religion you practice or to question your credo.