or Connect

Posts by Alphaghetti

How many kids does she care for? How could she not have time to tuck a camera in her pocket, or take a few pics with her cell and send them to you? And no eczema meds? I personally would not send my child to a daycare that didn't have time to give him medication that he needs.  Even at my busiest, with five babies and toddlers, I have time to send their parents pics via text or email when we are playing, and I sure as heck wouldn't "forget" to give one their medication!
As a daycare provider, yes, unfortunately, this could take a few weeks.  I had two little ones recently who went through a phase like this when they were about your son's age, and they had already been coming to me since their first birthdays. They had a blast once it passed. That hysterical thing that happens at day's end is relief based, like, ohh you DID come back! oh thank god you came back! and is also pretty normal for a new daycare situation.   I am sorry you...
She most definitely needs to back you (her) up if she doesn't want your son there. To do anything but send him away is irresponsible, since she's making you be the bad guy.   I also think it's "loony" that this woman assumes that your son will behave badly based solely on his age.I would be completely hurt and insulted. Let's get real here. The mother of the younger boy is the one who is displaying the poor manners.   FWIW, my 7yo (now 8 yo) son spent nearly all...
I only tell people if it comes up, and I feel it's pertinent. If one of your friends has decided to cut you off because of your illness, they're not your friend anyway. Hugs.
Same here. What a horrible ordeal for your son AND for you! So glad it seems to be getting better.
Yuck. I have had comments, but no outright dirty looks. I have been told that my baby can't breathe when they were slinged, and one time at the grocery store when I had ds in his ergo, some woman with a school aged child said, "oh for the love of god...here, billy, hop up on mommy's back and let me do all the walking for you. How ridiculous!"   My question is, why do people care?   A good friend of mine recently had a run-in with a stranger who called her an...
Yeah, all good and fine for the husband to not want the pregnancy. All good and fine. However, I would really really REALLY not be into a man who refused to support even an unplanned pregnancy. I would really NOT be into a man who told me to get an abortion even though I had told him of my intentions to keep the child. I would likely be afraid of a man who implied that he thought it was ok for his workmate to drug his pregnant wife causing her to abort, especially if I...
DD1 used to have this Elmo saxophone that played the same song over and over. She loved it. I hated it. I "lost" it in our move. I still kinda feel guilty.
When I was about 13, I became "obsessed" with religion. I couldn't get enough. I read about different religions, spent countless hours at the public library, went to different churches, and thought about little else for the better part of a year. I think it's normal to become fixated on certain things at this age. I think what she's obsessed with is awesome. I also understand that as parents we worry about EVERYTHING unless we've read in a textbook that it's normal....