or Connect

Posts by Alphaghetti

For many years after my grandma died, I would see her in the house that she and my grandfather shared when I was visiting with him. She would always do it in such a sly way as to make me doubt what I'd actually seen, but I'd always hear her faint signature giggle after I was, "what the..."when I caught her in my peripheral, or in the corner of the mirror, or in the back of a closet.  I would never be thinking of it, or her either when it happened. She was telling me not...
Well done, everyone! Can you nudge me when you start a new one? I'd love to be included. I could use some encouragement and prodding.   Thanks!
You are a gifted writer. It was a joy to read those pages from your blog, although of course they were fraught with worry as well.   Congratulations to you and the Mister, and welcome to the world, Baby Mack!
I do home daycare. I have become friends with several of the parents, but as a mentor once said, "don't do special" for anyone. I would send her an email being totally candid about the situation. Tell her you love her kid, her, and your relationship, but from now on, she has to pay cash for care, on the same day, or on Fridays, or however you guys want to determine the pay period. Explain to her that you have financial obligations too...   I think it's so strange how...
My son, daughter, husband and I all have psoriasis on our scalps. Even when there isn't an actual outbreak, we have incredibly dry scalps.   I have tried tea tree oil, moisturizers in the shampoo, no-poo, but none of these things has offered any kind of longish term solution.   Any advice? 
For my DS, I wore him constantly. He needed to be held all the time, so I held him all the time. He is my third, so if I didn't have slings and wraps, my other two children would have been neglected.  I agree with whoever said to let the house go...there's the rest of your life for that, but only one newborn time in your baby's life.   As for showering, I actually bought a mesh sling so that he could come in with me, otherwise, it never would have happened.  He slept...
I am not in this situation, but  wanted to give you a virtual hug and tell you that that little boy will only be better forever for having you by his side.
We were EBF'ers here, and I don't remember a single person giving me a weird look or any kind of grief over it. I guess I am lucky.   The thing that freaks me out the most about this article is the reactions. I know I shouldn't have bothered, but I read a string of reactions via twitter, and the comments were appalling.  More "disturbing" than the cover photo is how incredibly violently people reacted to it... What I mean is, I can understand that it's not for...
I do home daycare. I think a 12 mo would love a sand and water table, although she will likely enjoy it more toward the middle to end of summer.  I have a 13 mo in my care and she loves BOTH sides of the table. She can't even stand on her own yet, but she leans against it and pours and throws to her heart's content.
Sadly, as my children get older, I find that I am too frequently having to "correct" things that they say. What I mean is, I am finding that I have to undo  biases or prejudices that appear so commonplace among their peers that they consider it to be the way things are.  We have encountered this with babies before marriage (I was pregnant with my second at my wedding, and all the kids know this), religion, and a myriad of other things that I think are super...