or Connect

Posts by Alphaghetti

Except I don't know what a Dover colouring book is.  Oh!! ETA: I work from home now, but it has only been since very recently, and my money all goes into the same account now too.
We have a neighbour child who is pretty much always at our house as well. She's DD's age though. That being said, it's not great for her at home. Her mother is either absentee or apathetic, she has no stability, and in a recent conversation I had with her mother, neighbour child told her that she wishes she had a real mom like my DD has...ugh.   I am going to guess that this girl who's at your home all the time has little interaction with those that she lives with. I...
Oh dear.  I really think you're on the right track as far as consequences. At her age, making her wait for an extra six months to get a license would be torture.  When I was younger, I got caught doing exactly the same thing, but I was already licensed, and my parents banned me from driving for six months. It sucked, and I'll never forget how much of an impact it had on the entire way I thought of them. They were pretty lax with enforcing any consequences, and this...
I know you don't know me well, but I feel like I know you, as I read here a lot more than I post, and you post a lot.  I read as you talked about your daughter and your pregnancy and your new baby. This news has broken my heart. I just wanted to send you the most overwhelming and amazing hug and healing energy I can muster.
Oh that's such great news, Olive. Go easy on yourself! As mothers, we know our kids will lash out. We always forgive them. I am pleased to hear that your mom seems to be exhibiting signs of relief as well. :)   Thought a lot about you and Kenai last night. I got down on the floor with Ecko for a good long while and just held and loved him. I realize that your situation will be ours someday. I can't imagine losing him right now. He's only six, but dog lives go by so...
Holy freakin moley! I didn't even pay $400 for my WEDDING dress! I am all about making special days special with going all out. I spend hundreds of dollars on birthday parties once a year for my three kids, but no way in hell would I EVER pay a grand for a freakin prom dress!   Thankfully, my daughter would never allow me to pay this. Hmm, perhaps that'll change when she's a teen (she's 12 now), but she gets angry at me when I pay full price for jeans for her right...
Just wanted to say that I watched your videos, and Kenai is such a beautiful boy. We have a shepherd/husky too, and it was hard to not personalize this.   I wish you peace in the coming days, weeks, months without your lovely friend. xo
Congratulations! I have been reading this thread and its predecessor from the onset. I am so pleased for you and your family. May all of your transitions be smooth and filled with love.
Hmm. I have read this thread in its entirety. I do understand the OP's feelings, but don't necessarily agree.   I think it is selfish to not even try to breastfeed. I don't, however, think that it makes someone a bad parent. But who am I? I am not judge and jury, except in my own head.    This does not apply to breastfeeding much, but I also think that the reason why we become so passionate and dramatic about parenting choices/styles is because it is THE most...
Haha, yup! My SIL told me to get them, and on her FB, all her friends are scrambling to find some with no luck.