or Connect

Posts by Angelplum

Thanks everyone! We were debating homeschool vs public school vs private school. DD is now going to a private Japanese kindergarten, and when I signed the vaccination exemption form, they were shocked, but they didn't give me any trouble. If she goes to public school, I think she will be going to Audobon Elementary. I think that's Lake Washington District.
Hi, thanks for the info. Did you have to write a statement explaining why, or was there just a form to sign? Thanks.
Hi, we're in redmond. DD will be starting first grade next year. I was wondering what happens in this area if you turn in a vaccination exemption form in the public schools. Is it accepted without question, or is there any possible harrassment from the school or cps?
I'm from Alabama, but have spent a lot of the last 10 years in asia. We moved up near Seattle about 2 years ago. I like some things about this area...it's very green and summers are not too hot. But the rainy winters are killing me. I've been sick a large part of both winters since I moved up here. I have a sun lamp for vitamin d, and every time the sun comes out, I race outside, hoping to catch some rays before it goes away again! But I get sick anyway. Also, I'm...
Quote: Originally Posted by eepster For some kids, it's the sensation of the poop falling away that scares them. For this, you can gradually acclimate her to using the potty. First pooping in front of the potty with the diaper on; then pooping while leaving back against the potty with the diaper on; then while sitting on the potty, while still wearing the diaper; then with the diaper on the seat to catch the poop; then with the diaper down inside the...
Quote: Originally Posted by LuxPerpetua I still clean her up. We do a normal diaper change on a mat and all unless we're out and about and I just have her stand near the public toilet and wipe her standing. I know I didn't wipe myself until I was at least 6 or 7, so it isn't something I expect at this age--not to mention, I'd worry she wouldn't do it thoroughly. We used to clean DD up, but recently, we have her do the initial wiping, then we...
Quote: Originally Posted by LuxPerpetua I think it's the stand-up pooing. My 4.5 yo dd is the SAME way and does the same thing. We've never denied her a diaper (we don't even do the pull-up thing) when she needs to poop or done any rewards or punishments (we follow Alfie Kohn on this). She just isn't interested in pooping on the toilet right now. She isn't constipated and never has trouble pooping. The only thing I can think of is that she's just...
Quote: Originally Posted by GoBecGo I bought it from a health food store - there are brands with senna and brands without, so if you want to avoid senna do check the ingredients. I had a fissure after a sexual assault which bled very minimally but hurt for literally years. I'm so sorry you had to go through that! How awful! I couldn't find the syrup at the health food store, so I bought some dried figs to try to eat it.
Quote: Originally Posted by GoBecGo Check she doesn't have anal fissures. My DD had them (and a similar fear/holding/constipation/pain/fear pattern) just before she turned 3. She would sit on the toilet then as soon as the poo began to come leap up because the feeling against the fissure was so painful - she seemed to find it less painful if she stood up, perhaps because the area was less stretched than when she was sitting on the loo or squatting low...
Ok, I can look at her to check, but I'm sure if it hurt she would tell me. She has no problem talking about pain. One weird thing is that she goes standing up in her pull-up, not squatting like most kids do. So, I think sitting down on the potty feels strange for her.