or Connect

Posts by cottonwood

It is a fantastic video. I wish I had a copy myself. Anyway, the mom's name is Mindy Goorchenko, she is on facebook, you could send her a message there.
Updated.
If I were talking to someone who is fairly familiar with birth culture (in the US) and I said that I have had unassisted births, they would take that to mean that I did not have a medical attendant present in any capacity. In popular usage that's simply what it has comes to mean. If people generally thought it could mean a wide spectrum of things, it wouldn't really be useful for me to bother using the term, would it? But they don't, so I think it's most reasonable for...
I don't know, but I think Piglet's suggestion is worth a try. He's not alone, so many people think they're no good at math, and I think that bad math instruction is responsible for a lot of that. I consider myself somewhat mathematically-inclined, and I've certainly had trouble with math classes.
If it's valid for me to change my mind about whether I like something, then it's valid for my kids. It's absurd and unkind to force someone to continue doing something they don't want to do. I understand the feeling of not wanting to "waste" money -- but that's *my* issue, and it's my responsibility to deal with it. I shouldn't even be offering my children things that are that expensive if I'm so invested in "getting our money's worth", as I define it, at the expense of...
Quote: Originally Posted by BabyMae09 The thing is, I love learning. I have tons of books on all kinds of subjects - I try to read something every day. I get online and research things that interest me. DS just wants to watch TV or play video games. Even when he helps me around the farm I don't feel he's learning much except for about plants and harvesting and so forth. And don't get me wrong - I find that stuff really valuable! But I want him to know...
I thought this was interesting: http://www.dld123.com/q&a/index.php?cid=1095
All the wool comforters I've seen are unfortunately spot clean or dry clean. My friend got one that she washed and it did shrink. I love my wool blanket so, so much, but I would forego it if I couldn't wash it. If you want a more "comforter" type of thing, how about buying a washable wool blanket (Lands End has them) and quilting it or putting it in a comforter cover? It could even be as simple as sewing together two sheets and tying them together.
Replying late, don't know if you'll even see it, but... We live in a fairly mild climate, rarely gets below 30F in winter, and rarely gets above 90F in summer. We use flannel sheets year around, for the softness. I dislike slick sheets! I just have one fitted sheet (I confess I don't like top sheets) and wash it the same day I take if off because I don't like that stale smell sheets get when they've been sitting in a closet. Though if I had a puking cat I might rethink...
Quote: I'm having a hard time navigating exactly how to walk the line between helping her stay healthy and just accepting that maybe (?) weight gain is just part of puberty??? It seems to be fairly common, but not universal. It's genetically determined, and everyone has different genetics. In our family, for instance, kids put on substantial weight around 8 years old and start shedding it at puberty. What I hear you saying is that you don't know...