or Connect

Posts by earcher

Where in Iowa are you at?  Sheryl Puderbaugh at Hearts and Hands in Des Moines may take medicaid and does HB.
Hello all, it's been ages since I have posted here. I have a client who is 31 weeks. I am sharing with permission to get some extended thoughts. Client is a 25 y/o primip 31 weeks. She has GD and MW is referring her to a perinatologist for consult due to low amniotic fluid levels (measured most recently at a 6.4 down from a 7.4) Mom is having a resurgence of emesis and nausea and ongoing braxton hicks. Yesterday, she felt they had developed into contractions which...
I focused on nutrition. I love the nutritioal content in the two twin books by Barabara Luke and Elizabeth Noble. I kept a journal and wrote all my thoughts out. I read and read and read and thought through all my options, potential road blocks ect. But at the end of the day i spent a lot of time meditating on the possitive. My focus was eating 140-170 grams of protien each day. It was the one thing I could control and so I did. When we decided to fly in a MW from...
Hillary Keiser is doing private homebirth now out of Oak Park - she's fabulous! www.gentlebirthcare.com
What kind of birth do you want??
I would LOVE to come meet you! But I live in Illinois (land of crappy midwifery laws). This is my sister-in-law's sister. I hope she calls Thank you for all the resources for her. She has no children, has some well woman's issues, and is trying to concieve. She's very shy but wants a peaceful birth - so hopefully this will be a doorway to other ways - since her only experiences have been with traditional Amercian gynecology. (ugh) Thank you again - I...
The sister of my future sister-in-law needs to work with someone on well womans care. She is having some concerns. I would love to see her begin a pathway to meeting midwives. But she wants someone in-network with her insurance - so we can probably only consider CNMs. She is in Apple Valley CA in San Bernadino county. She has Anthem Blue Cross. I have found this : Inland Midwife Services 1200 Arizona St Suite A-5 Redlands , CA 92374 Phone: (909) 335-6241
I have a singleton and then twins 18 months apart - all girls. i take the double stroller and two mei tai's wherever I go. I also take a long piece of grow grain ribbon with three loops tied into it. It's sparkle purple - thier favorite color. If the want to walk they hold a spot on the ribbon. If they do not listen they go back in the stroller. They have been FABULOUS with this and everyone complies. I want to respect their desire to walk - but it gives them...
I've been asking myself this same question for the last 4 years, plotting and planning how to begin this calling which i feel so strong about. I live in a state where CPM's and DE's are not recognized and since they were the last state to recognize CNM's I have struggled with my decesion. I am a CPM at heart. I have also been blessed to have worked with CNM's, CPM's and DE's. I have seen multiple CNM's practicing with the midset and philosophy which I desire to...
Call your practitioner and make them aware of the experience. I had a TERRIFYING response to zoloft. I has hallucinating, have visual aura, no balance, crawled around on the floor b/c I couldn't distinguish between the floor and ceiling and was puking my mind out. All on the lowest dose.