or Connect

Posts by Piglet68

Congratulations, Lilac, on your beautiful baby boys!   I'm sorry to report for the sake of my team that I'm going to end this challenge higher than when I started. My weight today was 140.   I'm not sorry for myself, however, as this is almost pure water/glycogen (see my earlier post about gaining/losing water after overeating). I took 3 days off from calorie counting over the holidays as we visited three sets of grandparents for Xmas dinner on the 24th, 25th, and...
I was 137 today. Yesterday I was 136.5. I've been hovering around these two for the last few days.    My goal for this challenge was to lose 2 lbs and I think I can safely say I've achieved that. I've upped my daily caloric intake goal to "maintenance" levels for the holidays. It gives me a bit of extra room to eat xmas goodies. I'm pretty happy where I am right now, weight-wise, but after the holidays I'll probably drop down to a deficit again and see if I can hit my...
This won't provide you with a "real life" person to see, but My Fitness Pal has community forums. They are a bit of a zoo, actually, but you can also friend people and join some groups where people behave better, lol. Anyways, the program works like WW but instead of "points" you are counting actual calories.    I've lost almost 20 lbs and am 1 pound away from my goal. I eat any kind of food I like, without restrictions, and I enjoy treats and snacks (everything in...
136 lbs! A new low for me! I haven't weighed this low in 20 years!   I completed my 13-week "Learn to Run 10k" program. I made it! Ran a hard 10 km on Sunday (it was uphill on the way home). It took me 71 minutes (and I burned off almost 600 calories, woot!). I've been running on a wide, groomed trail but I'm going to start trail running over rougher ground, just to give me more variety in my run (and also so my dog can go off-leash; we have acres of forest next door)....
 I have a huge sweet tooth, and I know exactly how you feel. I've tried two approaches: first, I decided to just not have any sugar or carbs (refined carbs like bread, etc triggered my cravings) and I quit cold turkey. Those first two weeks were rough!! BUT...the cravings just disappeared after that. It was pretty amazing. After that I switched to dark chocolate. I weaned myself onto darker and darker until I could eat over 80% cocoa and I liked it. I really didn't believe...
I forgot too. Our pipes froze and we have had no running water for 3 days, so I've been a little distracted lately! It looks like our well pump may have been damaged because despite thawing out the pipes we still have no water. Plumber is coming tomorrow. We are making do with 18L jugs filled at the grocery store, using paper plates, showers at the rec centre, etc. Makes you appreciate your modern conveniences!   Anyways, I'll have to go by today's weigh-in since I...
137.5, yeah!!   Finally, a posted loss. :)
I know it's not weigh-in day yet, but I've been a good girl and am already down those extra two pounds, so I'm hopeful I will show a loss come Monday. I've passed a big milestone in my running program and am now running considerably more each week. I also started doing long walks (about 6 km) on my non-running days and I'm so pleased that my hip pain issues are pretty much gone (I "feel" it when running still, but no pain at all). Turns out that the walking was a Good...
I'm sorry to report that I gained this week. The scales said 141.5 which is up 2 lbs. And I know exactly where it came from!    I have been overeating too much and too often. In the last two weeks I went over my caloric goal 7 times, and a couple of those times I went over by a lot. And this is despite the fact that I upped my exercise significantly this week. Some of the extra weight is due to my period just arriving, but I need to stop being so complacent about...
Yep. I'm homeschooling my 11 yr old Aspie DD and my 9 yr old HFA DS.   I made the decision to homeschool long before I understood that my kids were on the spectrum. In retrospect, however, it was the best decision we could have made for them. I can control the level of "stress", in terms of outings, social groups, activities, etc. so that neither child is pushed too far (which, IME, has led to a noticeable increase is behavioural issues).    It also helps that we have...