or Connect

Posts by Piglet68

You already know that you cannot control this with reminders, so your only real option is to provide as much physical separation as possible. Some suggestions include: hiring a mother's helper, like a local teen, to come and mind the 2 year old while you can focus on your older child, setting up "quiet time" during the day where your older child can find a quiet activity to do in his room while you tend to the younger one, setting up your day so that you can spend more...
While we haven't been through exactly the same situation, my DD was diagnosed with Asperger's at a fairly older age (9). My advice to you is this: you know your child best, and you know what his biggest issues are. It really doesn't matter whether he gets diagnosed as Aspie or not, so long as you are getting support for his "big ticket" issues. For example, if anxiety is one of your major concerns for him, then does it matter whether he gets a dx of Aspergers or not in...
I tried to give up sugar. I felt like it had a real hold on me. I went paleo for a while and the cravings did stop once I went without for a couple of weeks. But it was always lurking there, the potential. It only took one "slip up" and I was back to craving, only worse because I'd been denying myself so hard. In the end, I realized that I couldn't live that way.   I've completely changed my approach now. I allow myself sugar, chocolate, ice cream, whatever I want but I...
I find that I am most hungry at dinner time, and I usually like to snack in the evenings, even if its just a couple pieces of chocolate and some tea. So for me I keep the calories low during the day (< 400 per meal) and save them up for evening. I'm usually pretty busy during the day so my mind is not on eating so much.   Breakfast is easy because 1/2 cup (before cooking) of oatmeal gives me a good, filling breakfast. I add a tbsp of "Holy Crap" cereal (full of dense...
Like moominmama said, once your kids reach a certain age it's much easier to get "me time". I instituted "mama's day off" which happens most Saturdays. On that day I do no housework, minimal prepping of snacks for kids, and it is "make your own dinner night" for the kids (I make sure there is something easy for them to make). I usually spend the day sewing, quilting, or knitting when it's fall and winter (like right now). It really helps save my sanity, to give myself...
 Don't. These types of diet produce rapid early results via water loss. The OP understands this, and for people who need to lose a lot of weight (30 + lbs or more) it does them no harm and may give them the encouragement they need to continue slowly changing their eating habits.  But I would not recommend this for a nursing mother. Dehydration is bad for making milk and bad for mamas who are making milk. If you want to lose weight, I suggest you try calorie counting. You...
I'm so sorry I didn't report in yesterday. I was helping DD prepare for her first big sleepaway from home (3 nights with grandma!) and it just flew right under my radar.    I weighed 139.5 yesterday, so no loss this week. Not surprised, I've been a bit indulgent (started making homemade bread again, omg sooo good!) and I cut down on my exercise (walking in between running days) because I had my first big run today (55 minutes!) and I didn't want to overdo it with walking...
my3legacies...wow, good on you!
I'm going to jump in and join again. I just noticed the rule that said you have to lose at least a pound a week (and not be at an unhealthy low BMI) but I can only lose 0.5 lbs a week because I don't have much more to lose and anything more than that would be an unhealthy rate of loss. But that seemed to be okay with everyone last time so hopefully that's still okay!   As with last time, my goal is 0.5 lbs/week. Today I am 139.5 lbs (I'm 5'6"). Goal for the end of the 8...
 Ideally, one parent stays home, but they could easily work part time. It's a bigger challenge for a single parent, I'm sure, as you need to work full time to provide a liveable income, but that doesn't leave much time to be with your kids at home or take them to all the various activities, classes, clubs, and get-togethers that are such a wonderful part of homeschooling. There are single parents who have managed to pull it off, though.    This is a common belief among...