or Connect

Posts by Piglet68

I'm an academic editor. I edit dissertations, scientific manuscripts, etc. But I should point out that DH is the breadwinner. We can get by without me working but I enjoy the work and the extra spending money is very nice. I wouldn't want to work much more often than I do currently b/c I would not be able to homeschool , do our activities, and focus on the kids during the day. 
Way to go, CookiePie!   I'm celebrating too, I did it! My weight today is 140.5. I have accomplished my goal for this challenge, which was to lose 4 lbs.    In total, I have lost 15 lbs since July 23, which is when I started my fitness and weight loss plan.   I will definitely sign up for the next challenge, although I may be getting close to maintenance. I don't really know how much farther I want to go with my weight loss, so I'll be watching my numbers closely to...
ewink and sweet silver, that is great how you've been able to use PBH ideas in your homeschooling.   DD is going full bore with her sewing now that Halloween is just around the corner. I was amazed at how much time she devoted to it this past weekend. Tomorrow we are doing an extra PBH day so she can finish in time. :-)   DS got hopelessly lost in his project, lol. He's making a video game using Scratch. He has a tendency to wander off in digressions and then forget...
 Clearly you have no idea what homeschooling actually looks like. You might want to educate yourself on the subject before making judgemental statements (on a forum for homeschoolers, no less).  Your ignorance about the social lives of homeschoolers, given the massive amount of information on this forum (not to mention the rest of the Internet) that has blown that myth out of the water, is not only worthy of a giant face-palm but perhaps also a sad reflection on your own...
Scale said 141 lbs today.   I did not lose any weight this week (according to my moving averages), but since I lost an extra 0.5 lbs last week I'm still on track for my goal for this challenge, which was to lose 4 lbs in 8 weeks. If I am good this week and lose my 0.5 lb I will have reached my goal.   I can't believe we are almost done with this challenge - time flies!
 I think mostly it's because I'm 45 years old now and don't have as much energy as I used to. I loved all the stages of my children, and can feel proud that I gave them my full attention and time, but when I consider now chasing after a toddler...yikes! I feel exhausted just thinking about it, lol! I like sleeping in my own bed, alone (though I confess every now and then we'll have a family bed night!), I like sleeping through the night! I have many more hobbies now...
I read the following on my fitness and weight loss site (they have a discussion forum) and thought I might share it with you ladies, since some of you seem to be getting frustrated with the same up and down of a couple of pounds.    As I am getting close to my weight loss goal I have started visiting the "maintaining your weight" forum to see what strategies to employ when I'm done with losing. Basically, you can expect your weight to fluctuate between 2 - 5 pounds even...
140.5!   Very pleased with this past couple of weeks. I have also started running again - two runs so far and no sign of my hip pain returning (I still feel twinges but they are very manageable with stretching). Holding my breath until I've gone a couple of weeks, but so far, so good!
142 lbs   While that is actually one pound higher than last week, last week's weight was artificially low due to me having a horrible flu and not eating for two days!   Had that not happened I was due to weigh 143 today, so I have actually ended up a pound ahead and am quite happy with that! :D
Hi Becca! I don't usually visit this forum but saw the thread title. I have two kids on the autism spectrum, my son is 9 and he is "high functioning" and my 11 year old daughter has Aspergers. There is great information and support in the Special Needs parenting forum.