or Connect

Posts by p.s

it was very clear to me growing up, that my parents made plenty of money: frequent trips, including overseas to visit relatives... if they found a good investment property, they would just buy it (no this and that w/ a bank) but b/c they were very fundamental Christians, my childhood experience was, as I remember, quite impoverished.  To minimize ego development and self pride, there were no birthday parties, no cards, no cake, no singing happy birthday.  We could pick...
Hi:   I just completed the survey and would like to comment that the conclusions in graph bar form were COMPLETELY OFF, i.e stating that I get little emotional support from my relationship... when I in fact get ALOT of emotional support from my husband, etc.  Only 1 of the bar graphs was correct.  Maybe I completed the survey incorrectly.  Anyways, the only reason I filled this out was b/c I am hoping to get something, lol.  So what is it that participants get,...
Not sure how to make link-y... I think this is the most horrible thing I have heard in a long time:   http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110514/ap_on_re_us/us_baby_death_microwave;_ylt=Apm8X4lxHDOjmG8cERc5bxas0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTNzdXBxZm9nBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTEwNTE0L3VzX2JhYnlfZGVhdGhfbWljcm93YXZlBGNjb2RlA21vc3Rwb3B1bGFyBGNwb3MDMTAEcG9zAzcEcHQDaG9tZV9jb2tlBHNlYwN5bl9oZWFkbGluZV9saXN0BHNsawNqdXJ5Y29udmljdHM-   Thinking the mom must have had post partum depression.  What will...
Hello:   ds1 who is 5, is currently enrolled in primary Montessori.  He started at 3.5 yo ; this is his second year.  He enjoyed his first year, though his first teacher left for another school at the end of the academic year b/c of admin issues.  The second year started and had been wonderful until about a month ago when his second teacher sudden had personal issues necessitating her to return home to another country.  So in the interim, the (1 year new) director...
i have no solutions, but it seems like every one else i know IRL have kids that go to sleep well on their own.  Will say that my 23 mo old now takes only 30-40 min to put down, versus the1.5 h that it used to take.  And I am rubbing the back, or patting belly, or gently brushing hair or eyelids with my hands, i really hate that it takes so long, and have tried to leave him alone for a few minutes routine... which didn't work.  All I know is that I have averaged <5h of...
If what I wrote hurt you, then I think you may have misunderstood what I wrote.  At no point in my post did I label anyone a failure.  The whole point of my post was to encourage AVOIDANCE of a future state of destitution.  note that in my post, i said nothing about going to college (although I know no one, except for our grandparents, in my or my husband's family who did not complete at least undergrad).  Here is a great example of everything wrong with the concept "it's...
This is my first post in this new MDC format.....   OP, I am more than a bit skeptical/horrified/shocked/confused by your plan.... your deliberate preparing... to fail.  If you had written your OP on another financial forum I frequent, others would have labeled  you (obviously wrongly) as a troll.   You are in your absolute prime of life.  At the age of 20, you are physically at your peak.  Your brain is probably at its top functioning capacity for life.  Why...
hmmm, yeah I guess not Victorian looking at the outside. I am guessing it was built 1910's-20's?
i have 2 boys: one just turned 5, the other about to turn 2. Honestly, if we had no toys then they would just play with whatever scrap thing they could find. Before I had TWO, I didn't understand how kids on the frontier/ pioneer times, heck other countries in modern times, had only 1 or two toys. Now I realize it's all about playing (or tussling) with each other and their imaginations. This is why I don't get too bent out of shape when someone gifts them plastic...
Looks wonderful! We live in a Victorian... too, right? I love the pistachio ice cream color on your kitchen walls; so peaceful.