or Connect

Posts by chikletto

My fave is www.weecarediapercompany.com. Great selection and service.
Hello, Are there a prescribed number of teachers that a montessori preschool classroom should have or does it depend on the number of children in the class? My son is starting preschool in September and his class of 20 will have 2 teachers but I thought 3 was the norm for montessori. Thanks!
Just thought I would post an update. My son is finally using the potty on his own (for both #1 and #2) without me constantly having to remind him to go. Sunday afternoon I just happened to be watching him while he was lying on the dining room floor playing with his toys. A big puddle of pee started to creep out from under his tummy so I said "go to the potty!" but he got up and wanted me to chase him. I asked him why he peed on the floor and he said "because it's fun"....
I'm right here with you. My son is 3.5 and still not potty trained. Sometimes it seems as though he would be happy as a clam in diapers for the rest of his life...he has no interest in potty training. We've just started again after a long break and it's a little better, I no longer have to drag him to the potty, but he still won't go on his own. I have faith that sometime within the next few months he'll mature and want to use the potty. Hang in there!
I'm having a really hard time being patient and waiting for DS to go on his own. He's starting preschool in 5 months and for a whole lot of reasons I can't just pull him out if he doesn't potty train. We've been working on it all week and it's a little better in that he'll sit on the potty when I ask him to but he still won't go on his own. He peed all over the floor 3 times yesterday when I had him in underwear (we had gone through all of the training pants) and...
Did your son go to the potty on his own when he had to go or did you have to take him to the potty? I can take my son to the potty now and he'll go but he won't go on his own he'll just go in his pants or on the floor. I'm afraid that if we wait for him to be ready to go it won't happen before preschool starts.
It's nice to know I'm not the only one going through this. All the other kids we know IRL are potty trained and sometimes it's hard not to feel like I'm doing something really wrong.
Hey there, I could really use some advice. My 3.5 year old DS shows absolutely no interest in potty training but my husband and I would like to have him trained, at least for the daytime, before he starts preschool in September. I also have a six month old so it would be nice to have just one child in diapers. The first time we tried to potty train him I would take him to sit on the potty every hour or so but he was very resisitant and I pretty much had to drag him...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mrs-Mama It kinda does both. It's water resistant, not waterproof, so it will help the diaper underneath absorb as much as possible, but then it will start absorbing itself...make sense? Thanks Mrs-Mama that helps!
Thanks for helping me out everyone, I will definately bump up the absorbency of the diaper at night but just one more question....after a wool cover is lanolized does it repel water or does it absorb it?