or Connect

Posts by oceanwinds

First, let me say once again, thank you for all your replies. Especially the negative ones! If I do decide to go through with this, I need to be as prepared as possible and know the good and bad of the situation. Quote: No. You're not being realistic. Your DH is active duty, which means you will move at least every 4 years. Unless he is senior enough to stay in the same state/locale, or you are going to be geo-bachelors, you are going to be looking at...
When I say "research and writing," I mean it from a legal standpoint. My brother is an attorney and I worked in his office for a time after high school. I never really liked going to court, but I really enjoyed looking up past cases for him, etc. Before we knew we were moving to Cleveland, I had planned to go to graduate school for either an MLIS or an MSW. The MLIS could be done online, but the MSW was dependent on whether we got stationed near a school that offered...
Thanks so much for your reply! Quote: Originally Posted by rivkah I would explore opportunities to get a simultaneous MLS, if available. That could change your schedule somewhat. Neither of the schools there in Cleveland have an MLIS, but I was considering doing it at our next duty station, if we are near a library school. Or maybe doing it online. Quote: I didn't have much of a problem doing school when my kids were also in...
I've spent most of this evening reading through the various lawyer threads here and have learned a lot, but I had a few more questions. I was hoping some of you could help me out! A little background on me: I will be finished with my BA in American Studies either next January or March (depending on if I take a term off or not.) I'm not a traditional student, I will be 32 in a couple of weeks. My plan is to start law school in the fall of 2011 which gives me over a...
Has anyone had a lateral release surgery performed? It turns out my patella is tilted and not tracking right. The doctor wants to do a lateral release on it. He thinks there may also be damage underneath my kneecap from grinding against the bone. He can just scrape off the damaged part. He says he is positive it will help my knee and, in turn, will help the pain in my hip. Does anyone know what I can expect as far as recovery? How long will I be on crutches? When I...
My DH will be taking a job in downtown Cleveland this summer and I'm trying to find somewhere for us to live. I'm finishing up my BA this year and am hoping to get into the Library Science program at Kent State University next year. We have two boys; a 5 year old and an 8 year old. Both will be in elementary school this fall. Here are some areas I am looking at: Macedonia Boston Heights Oakwood Hudson Streetsboro Twinsburg Aurora Cuyahoga Falls We...
Thanks everyone for some great ideas! I'm writing them down and taking them to the librarian! Quote: Originally Posted by JudiAU We are there to enjoy books. I know I've lost the war of videos at the library but I wish they weren't RIGHT THERE. You'll love this then...We are going to be required to have no less than two TVs playing in the library, with one possibly in this preschool room. The librarian and I am soooo not happy about this....
If you had a chance to design a preschool/toddler room at your library, what would you do? Please see my thread here... http://www.mothering.com/discussions...5#post14649135 Thanks!
I just recently found out I am on the committee for the prechool/toddler room at our new library (currently under construction.) I could really use some help on some ideas of what to put in it and how to decorate it. So, if you could design a preschool/toddler library area, what would you do? Keep in mind that is will be a small room - maybe about 10X10 feet. Also, it can not be seen from the front desk and I have a feeling most parents are going to just drop their...
Quote: Originally Posted by ani'smommy Okay, so, second question: Should I cut his hair? Only if he wants it cut! I have two boys. My oldest is eight and he has curly brown hair that is just starting to touch his shoulders. My four year old has straight blonde hair that falls just below his shoulders. When they were younger, I kept it short (because that is what DH and my ILs wanted.) Now that they are older, I let them decide and neither...