or Connect

Posts by oceanwinds

Quote: Originally Posted by yippityskippity Hmm... do you think they would do Independent Study for just a day or two? Or I could just pull her out for a week and do the aquarium, fair and orientation all in one week. Very interesting. I think I'll ask the office today. I would do the whole week. I'm not sure if they do individual days. We've always done two weeks at a time. Quote: Originally Posted by alegna Nope. I've...
Quote: Originally Posted by alegna That is absolutely NOT the case here. They are very clear that vacations on school time are NOT okay. NOT excused. Period. Paragraph. End.of.sentence. -Angela Actually, it might be. We have lived in CA for two years and my son has been in a PS here both years (K and 1st.) Each year he has missed two weeks of school for family vacations to Florida. CA has a program called (I think this is the right...
I took the five general subject CLEPs for a total of 30 credit hours. I thought the tests were pretty easy...mostly common sense questions. I didn't really study for any of them. I do recommend taking CLEPs to everyone. Very easy to get credit and many schools will accept them. Good luck!
Quote: Originally Posted by yukionna Have you considered fencing off a small area of the yard and training the dog to go to the bathroom there? This is what I did. I fenced in a little spot (using a little garden fence about one foot high) in my backyard and filled it in with gravel. I just trained my dog to only go in that one spot. It took about two days and now that is the only place he goes. If I don't get around to picking up poop for a...
Sharyn McCrumb has a series set in Appalachia...The Ballad Series. They are well-researched and have very good story-lines.
Quote: Originally Posted by Irishmommy There have been quite a number of threads here in the vax forum saying exactly the opposite - that they can't force vaxes on anyone OTHER than the enlisted member. So if they can't force that, how can the force other things? Seriously asking, not trying to stir it. Because there is no regulation that says you have to be vaccinated to live on base. And in this case, they aren't forcing anyone to do...
Quote: Originally Posted by barefootpoetry That is appalling. Maybe I am just clueless about the way the service works (although I did grow up as an Air Force brat!), but it seems so disgustingly wrong for someone to be PUNISHED for choosing a method of birthing that is outside the mainstream. Why is it such a big deal where you have your baby?? Do they know ANYTHING about homebirth? Do they keep such a close eye on you throughout your baby's entire life...
Quote: Originally Posted by mariekitt24 I actually got scolded for having blue hair and nose ring by one military member, saying I have an image to uphold if Im a military spouse. This is BS and I would have told him to kiss my a$$. As a civilian, you do have more freedom than a military member. As long as you don't violate base regs, they can't say anything to you. And I really doubt there is a reg that says you can not come on base with...
Quote: Originally Posted by Irishmommy Butting in here. The military has no jurisdiction over spouses - you are a civilian, not military, they can't tell YOU what to do. And your spouse can't make you do anything, so he shouldn't be held responsible for YOUR decisions. It is true that she is a civilian, but she is living on a military installation with her husband as her sponser. Anything she (or any of his dependents) does that violates...
Again, thank you for everyone's response. I've done a lot of reading about it, but a raw diet is just not going to happen in our house. DH is absolutely against it. It looks like we are going to switch to the Wellness Super5Mix. It's in the correct fat and protein amounts and it's very easy to find around here. It's gotten a lot of good reviews and I like the list of ingredients. Plus, we had already decided to switch our cat to Wellness. Thank you Jennifer on...