or Connect

Posts by oceanwinds

Quote: Originally Posted by Bufomander #12 All-of-a-Kind Family by Sydney Taylor first published in 1951, children's book about a family of five girls in New York City. the family is Jewish,and some Jewish holidays and customs are a part of the book. Is this a children's series? I've been looking for a series a read when I was younger about a Jewish family, but I can't remember what it is called. I remember a scene where the mother hides...
I'm trying to compile a list of quotes about books/reading. For example... "Books are the treasured wealth of the world and the fit inheritance of generations and nations." ~ Henry David Thoreau "A room without books is like a body without a soul." ~ Marcus T. Cicero "You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them." ~ Ray Bradbury "Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible...
Pillars of the Earth World Without End Both by Ken Follett One Thousand White Women by Jim Fergus
Genetics can be crazy. My great-grandma was full-blood NA and my great-grandpa was white (he had NA, but it was 4-5 generations back.) They had four children - 3 boys, 1 girl. My grandfather and great-aunt look full-blood NA, but my two great-uncles have very few NA features (mainly around the nose and eye shape.) They have pale skin, blue eyes, blond hair. In a picture of the four of them together, you would never guess they were all siblings.
Sorry...can't answer your questions about day-to-day job stuff. I just wanted to say that my sister-in-law graduated from college and worked as a PTA for a year. She loved it so much that last summer she went back to school to get her doctorate in PT. Good luck!
I haven't tried them yet, but I'm looking into these... http://store.nike.com/index.jsp?site...36/pgid-179434 http://www.terraplana.com/womens-viv...c-154_163.html
Bastian Bas Basti Seb Sebi Sebs Or you could pick a nickname that has nothing to do with his given name.
I like Josephine, but I already have a Joseph. I like Milora (Millie), but the middle name has to be Amera and Milora Amera *LastName* doesn't flow right. Plus, DH says it sounds to close to mi'lord. Same middle name problem with Lenora. I'm really leaning towards Millie and Effie because they are family names. Aaaah! I don't know! Thank goodness I have plenty of time to look! Thanks again!
Thanks everyone!
I like longer names that can be shortened to nicknames. I have some nicknames I really like, but I can't find long names that they can come from. Right now I like: Millie Effie I can think of Mildred and Millicent, but that's it. I also like: Sadie Molly I know these two are names in their own right, but I would rather use them as nicknames to longer names. Any suggestions for these four names?