or Connect

Posts by turkeygw

Quote: Originally Posted by limabean Not wanting to give your household over to some freeloading bum who doesn't appear to bring anything to the table is prudish? No, more like I feel like an elderly woman in a young woman's body. I don't care for the bar scene, I hate beer, I hate when people use profanity, and I'd rather walk 3 miles to the store than ask someone else for a ride. I'd also rather play bingo than go to the "overrated" Hard...
Thanks for all of the wonderful replies and advice. We did stay w/his parents for a month, but under different circumstances, and not being lazy about household chores. Anyway, he's receiving money in the mail by next week, and DP has promised to give him a move out date. He wants to get a place out here, maybe some motel where a credit and job check aren't performed. I guess the older I get, the more I realize how much of a prude I am. Geez I am just like my...
I guess there was an altercation w/now former friend, police were called.
It's kind of complicated why he's here. A bit of legal issues, and wanting to move to the area ,as well as family issues in another state all rolled into one.
Anyone else going through this? A friend of my DP is here. I do feel a bit guilty though, because this guest has parents who let us stay w/them while we were going through rough financial troubles. He doesn't do anything. We live in a 2 bedroom, 1000 sq ft apartment, and he has to sleep on an air mattress in our living room. I'm an early bloomer, and so are my daughters. He goes to bed late, and wakes up very late, so I feel like I'm walking on egg shells, not trying...
When I tip, it's because I'm being nice. I'm really not interested in how much someone makes per hour, because a lot of delivery men don't make too much per hour, and yet are never tipped. I think people should just tip to be generous, and know how much it is appreciated. Maybe that'll get others to tip more often. My mil is cheap too, btw. She thought I was giving too much money when I left the housekeeper at Sheraton $11(we'd only stayed 1 night), and all she could...
I feel the same way. My daughters' grandparents are all baby boomers, and all just as selfish as they want to be, and happen to be aries, with moons in mars(figures since most aries tend to be self centered). I hate it, but me being the pluto moon sign(and chinese monkey) that I am, I know things won't ever change. It's lonely too. I now feel that it no longer takes a village to raise a child, just a mother and father. Most blood relatives just don't want to be...
Quote: Originally Posted by Think of Winter Just wondering, why so much? That's about 30% of the cost of my drink. I might tip 30% in a restaurant for really good service, but that takes a lot more effort than making a latte. I never tip the people at Starbucks, who make my double chocolate chip frappucinnos. That's crazy! I also don't tip McDonalds or other fast food employees. Geez! :
I absolutely hate working, especially since I have children now. I hate my current job, but like you, really can't think of another job I'd actually like. My DP is trying his absolute hardest so that in about 8 months-I won't have to work at my crappy place of employment. Until then though, yeah everyday I hate going to work. My days off fly by fast. Even on the way to work, I'm thinking about how much more fun I'd be having, if I wasn't actually working.
Quote: Originally Posted by Kidzaplenty : I totally agree. My DH's BF in college WAS hit by a car, while in a crosswalk, with the right of way. He almost died and was never the same after this. I absolutely agree! I myself was almost hit at a crosswalk by a driver. A lot of times the drivers don't even look both ways, or give the pedestrian time to cross because they're soo impatient about having to wait another time for the arrow to...