or Connect

Posts by turkeygw

Unfortunately, I don't enjoy being a SAHM, but it's not because of the kids. It's because of the fact that I don't have a driver's license, cannot take my daughters anywhere(other than the park, where there's a paved trail), have no social life, no friends or relatives to visit(a couple of inlaws live 10 minutes away, but never visit), feel sooo lonely, miss my granny, and kind of miss earing an income, and supporting the family(instead of being supported, even though I...
I agree with Katie. I grew up in a family where I lived with/spent time with my grandparents/ great-grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. And even though it was my paternal grandmother who raised me, she used to tell me how at times she had "too much support". LOL! She said she had to turn a few relatives down because otherwise she'd never get to spend anytime with me. So, with me not having any extra support, as I grew up with and took for granted, it is hard,...
Are there any mamas out there, like me, who have very few to no friends. I have one friend, who I keep in contact with monthly, and that's it. And for me, no, inlaws don't count, because I hardly ever see them, except for mil. It's very hard for me to make friends, plus I'm shy, and don't trust people too easily. I also lost my best friend(my paternal grandmother) this past April, who was my absolute best friend. Geez I just wish I had a friend to talk to up close. ...
Do any moms/dads have children who watch the Doodlebops on playhouse disney? My daughters(ages 3,4) love that show, and even get disappointed when it doesn't come on during the weekend. I read that it was started in Canada. They also like the Koala Brothers, and Cailou on PBS.
I went to this website w/great advice on how to deal w/biracial/aa hair. If anyone wants the site addy, just reply back, because I have to redo a search(lol-yeah i know i should have wrote it down). Here were some of the tips: Don't grease your child's scalps(the scalps produces enough of its own oil) Don't comb your child's hair when it's wet This is a big NO NO: Only use wide tooth combs, those skinny, fine tooth combs damage hair folicles and cause split...
I totally agree with you. I knew a lady(from our old neighborhood-we've since moved), and she invited my two daughters to play w/her daughter(who is the same age as my youngest daughter). I decide to go over, and when we came in, she told me she was babysitting a 5 month old. But the 5 month old was upstairs, alone(which can be okay for a short period if the baby is in a safe crib, using baby monitors). But what I was concerned about was not that the 5 month old was in...