or Connect

Posts by turkeygw

I don't think it's stealing. I collect aluminum cans each week from everyone in my neighborhood and am saving until I have 10 crushed bags to turn in. I think once something is outside by or near trash, it's fair game. Unless of course, there was a sign which specifically said not to. People throw away a lot of things, worth good money. Give yourself a pat on the back.
Try walking! I walk 9 miles a day and try not to eat too many sweets. In fact w/walking, it's so much easier on your joints and muscles, you can walk just about everyday. You may not lose it as fast as other workouts, but you'll keep off the weight.
These are all children in 1st grade and kindergarten. I don't tell the child that he/she must wait there w/me, they just come up to me and ask about their parents. I have no idea where the parents are, and don't have a cell phone, so I just wait w/them until the parents show up. They usually just play w/my daughters.
Does anyone else have this problem? It doesn't happen too often, but when it does I'm kinda interrupted. A few times there always seems to be a parent who is late(for whatever reason) picking up their child at the bus stop. I'm not waiting too long, however I did wait 1.5 hours once for one parent. Of course I stay at the bus stop w/the child, until the parent shows up. Everybody else just leaves, and I guess I'm the bus stop babysitter. However, a few times I have...
Quote: Originally Posted by Missy And that is part of what spurred this thread and others. For some people, they can come here and debate it and leave and be done with it. It's a source of entertainment. It hurts to watch people bounce around the topic and toss out comments and bounce away. It definitely is not an easy thread. Thank you, though, for recognizing the validity of the discussion. I was really offended too! But try the reverse. ...
That describes me pretty much. We don't have anyone to watch our daughters on the days they have off school, (i.e given xmas break, in service staff days, 1/2 days, holidays,etc). I've tried putting ads up, and asking people in my neighborhood, but as usual no one can help. We also can't put the girls in daycares around here, because they all want a maximum of 8hours/5days a week. Of course I got laid off at the temp job, so I've been applying to several places that...
Football fan, but feel like a football widow, because all of the teams I hate are doing awesome. Meanwhile, my favorite team(Chicago Bears) is really having a hard time keeping afloat, and may not even make it to the playoffs. I hate the Patriots the most, followed by a close second including Packers, Redskins, *Stealers*, Dolphins, Vikings, Lions, and of course the highly overrated Cowgirls. And, although not guaranteed, if the superbowl involves the Cowgirls and...
Is anyone else in the same boat about having an unreliable babysitter, yet no other friends/family members available or even willing to babysit. My girls have tomorrow off as well, (even though when I was in school we only got off Thursday and Friday for Thanksgiving). I really don't want to be the employee who has child issues, but if I can't get anyone, I'll have to leave work about 1.5 hours early(since their dad has to leave for work). Plus the daycares here in my...
I recently got something, which *technically*, shouldn't have been given to me. It was only done because of circumstances including surgery, and just a busy schedule. Said person has known me awhile now, and we trust each other. However, one person, who is absolutely miserable in life, is now threatening Said person's job because of what was given to me. I swear, the more I hear from her, the more I realize what a drama queen and attention seeker she is. She just...
Or how about the parents who live less than a block away, and drive their kids to the bus stop everyday, in the SUMMER, with the car RUNNING! And she even had the nerve to complain about not having enough gas money. Out of the 6 kids, there's only 3(my two daughters included) who don't get a ride to the bus stop, and actually walk(and in the winter too).