or Connect

Posts by turkeygw

OMG! Are you in PA? Because around the corner there is a white house which has been vacant ever since the father murdered his daughters and their mother. The only one he didn't kill that xmas eve was his granddaughter. I think that house will be vacant for many years to come. There was also a house that was burned down w/the elderly man still in it. It was refurbished and amazingly someone bought it. It looks even better now, than it did before the fire. I guess...
Quote: Originally Posted by meco I detest the sound of married. I agree! I already told DP I refuse to go to his cousin's(the one he only sees once every 4 years) wedding. I mean, why would I do it? It's not like anyone would throw me a bridal shower. How embarrassing! It's bad enough I didn't get the official baby shower.
I do it all the time, only w/my daughters though. For example, in a few weeks I'll be receiving $50 in Amazon gc, and of course it'll be spent on my daughters. I've only bought one outfit this entire year for myself. I just love buying them clothes, and it's easier to buy for them, because no need of trying on clothes. Anytime I get extra money, it's spent on them. For my birthday it would be nice to get my hair done, but even w/a short hair cut, it costs just way...
I know what you mean and it SUCKS big time. It's like geez, my DP's mother(though I'm not crazy about her) is such a busy body, and does a million things in a week, but even she has the decency to return my calls. My "supposedly" good friend hasn't returned my phone calls, and no emails either. So finally after 5 months I get a call from her, but this time I just happen to not be home to answer. And I won't be calling her back either. She can just try again. ...
I'm dealing w/this right now, since both of my children are now in school full day, and I want to go back to work. I've applied for several positions, most of them part time office positions at Penn State. Some have been for housekeeping, others warehouse. I have not got ANY phone calls back for interviews. Absolutely nothing! I even signed up for CNA classes at a nursing home, but as usual no one at the nursing home knows when the classes will actually begin. It...
That's crazy! I'm glad you did that. My daughter has somewhat similar expectations, but she's in kindergarten.
Yeah, SOME landlords suck, and should never be allowed to rent in the first place! How about this one though; He decides we have to move out because he broke up w/his girlfriend(even though when we first moved in he said he'd never put us out if anything happened w/their relationship). And guess what, after we moved out, he never even moved in. He sold the place 1 whole year later, and now the new owner is looking for tenants(too bad we've already settled in our new...
I need to get this off my chest. I hate how uninterested my daughters' grandparents(both paternal and maternal) seem to be with them. Of the four, only one(paternal grandma) seems to take interest, but it's on her terms. Okay, so obviously when my kids are grown, I'll have more time for friends and other interests, etc. But just because my kids grow up and move out, doesn't mean I have to stop spending time with them. I asked my DP's mom, if she'd like to go...
Quote: Originally Posted by Cullens_Girl am I the only one who carries enough cash in my pocket for a cup of coffee? : Nope, you're not the only one. I only carry cash, and because of bad credit, will never use a credit card. Those commercials on tv have you believe it's faster to pay w a credit/debit card, but that's so far from the truth. I've already been at the post office, and it took 10 freakin minutes for someone w/a credit card to be...
Quote: Originally Posted by Lisa Lubner "Hmm... I really don't want to go, and I feel I shouldn't have to, considering that it's your friend." LOL! Thank you so much! This is exactly what I will tell him