or Connect

Posts by turkeygw

My relationship w/my grandparents was awesome! I was raised by my paternal grandmother, starting when I was just six weeks old. I also had a wonderful relationship w/my great grandparents. My great-grandfather used to pick me up from school every day and always have a happy meal waiting for me(yes I realize now, not too healthy, but it's the thought that counts, plus I did enjoy eating them.) My great-grandmother would always take me shopping w/her every Saturday...
Okay, our ex-neighbors are having a party for their son's 3rd b-day. My DP and the child's father both work for the same company. Well, about a few months ago there was a huge fight between DP and (now) ex-neighbors(they've moved). Their son was being too loud, the mother had him up to 2 in the morning running around, and of course we had interrupted sleep because we're on the bottom floor, and they're on the top(with hardwood floors). Well, to make a long story...
Dear MIL, It wouldn't hurt you to come visit the girls every now and then. They've been taking martial arts for almost three months now, and you have yet to see one of their lessons. I know you say all we have to do is ask you, but you don't seem to thrilled, the "very few" times we do ask you. Remember when DP asked if you could babysit them so that we could go camping, well your first response was, "I'm not babysitting". Please get a clue. Try to be more giving...
I'm not sure if this belongs in this section, but I am just really angry and frustrated now. My DP is not a very nice person. He is always complaining about something, hates everything and everybody, and is a pessimist to the tenth power. Well, our daughters take martial arts classes twice a week. For the like, 100th time, he's threatened not to take us there anymore(which is fine, we can take the bus). But he says that because he's embarrassed by the way our youngest...
I tried it, and actually thought I'd like it, but had a horrible experience(I watched 3rd shift for a mom, but her kids stayed up until 5 am, woke up my children, and did not listen at all). Maybe you'll have a better experience, or won't be watching 3rd shift. Just make sure you get paid up front,(not waiting for mom/dad's check). I still haven't got paid for that one night of horror, and it doesn't look like I'll get any money any time soon. I would check the rates...
Mine did just great in the washer too. I've never put them in the dryer though. I always put them outside in the sun to air dry, so the stuffed animals never get washed during the winter months.
Unmarried here too, for 7.5 years with two daughters No one makes a big deal about it, and honestly, it would hurt us financially if we got married(I have student loans in default). It was really nice though, to meet a mom whose child is in my daughter's class, and she said she been together w/her DP for 16 years, "happily unmarried".
I really just want to be an active, involved grandparent, one who does NOT WAIT to be asked, but rather asks the parent, what they can do, or how they can help. I want to be as close to my grandchildren as I was to my own grandmother. I want my children and grandchildren to always know that no matter how many hours I work, or who dies, I will always be giving of my time. Sorta like the old school pre-baby boomer grandparents who babysat/watched their grandkids...
Quote: Originally Posted by IdentityCrisisMama Doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I won't use a card for just a few dollars. Feels silly to me. I agree. I guess I must be the only person who carries a few extra bucks around. LOL! I was at Starbucks and the three people in line ahead of me all used credit/debit to pay for their drinks, and then I come and pay for my mocha frappucino w/exact change!
I'm glad you asked and yes we are! DP is having four friends over, two of which are bringing wings, veggie platter, beer, and DP's mom is coming over as well. Everyone is a Bears fan, and DP already knows that if the Bears win he won't be able to celebrate too loudly since the girls still have to go to bed early since it's a school night. We're also missing a birthday party today, but the person throwing the party had it too close to kickoff.