or Connect

Posts by bugmenot

Good point.   I've seen "regular" or "regular unleaded" more and more frequently, or maybe I'm just imagining it. Just like with anything else, it takes a loooooooooooooong time to change the default mindset of over 300 million people. (Probably part of the reason why the US is still not on the metric system...and I'm not trying to start anything with that one.)
  Oh, absolutely. I think I said this before, but the last thing you want to do by presenting words like "torture", "mutilation" and "barbaric" to someone you're on good terms with and that you'll be in contact with for a long time. So what I did, as above, was give them the sites and present the very basic info like "there's been some recent discoveries that it's not necessary. Yes, it's still a popular decision, but..." then you say that he'll have friends who are and...
I hate to call shenanigans, and I'll certainly eat my words if I'm wrong, but why does this thread remind me of this:   http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1375632/my-poor-boys  
Update:   The baby boy was born via c-section at a hospital last Wednesday and taken home on Saturday following a "standard three-day wait following a c-section." I put this in quotes because I'm taking the dad's word for it, as I know next to nothing about c-sections   They put a cloth diaper on him. I'm sure they'll breastfeed a lot.   I hope they didn't circ, but I'm quite nervous. I know I'll eventually find out somehow...I'm actually going to meet the...
I think it depends on the situation. Sometimes, "all rights" are signed away. I've heard of cases where you can write "DO NOT CIRCUMCISE" in the agreement. In these cases, the birth parents would have to agree to it.
  I don't think anyone can. It should be mandatory to view a video of one AND view one in real life before signing the consent form.
http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/national_world/2013/04/17/study-tries-to-explain-effect-of-circumcision-on-hiv.html
Here's the way I see it. You're walking down a forest path and get to a fork in the path. If you go left, certain things may happen. If you go right, other things may happen. There's no way to foresee what will happen, but you *can* get advice from other people who have gone down the path before...but in the end, it's all up to you. If the path you choose gets tricky to navigate, you can't go back. No matter which path you choose, it may or may not be the same experience...
In my opinion, the worst part of circumcision, other than the immediate pain, is the adhesions. If they take too much off, there's a greater chance of the boy having discomfort during erections. If they take too little off, there's the adhesions. The doctors tell the parents and caregivers to pull the skin back.I'm not ranting against you, but I'm ranting against the system or the mindset. It's a horrible mindset and it needs obliterated.OF COURSE the skin will re-attach!...
I've had a few (not many) conversations about circumcision, and it seems like a lot of women in the USA prefer a circumcised penis, because they think it looks cleaner, neater, or something along those lines. I assume what they mean is that the circumcised penis looks more aerodynamic and doesn't have what they see as "loose skin" attached on it.Of course, you also have a percentage of people who do not equate FGM to male circumcision. They see a clitoris as one body part...