or Connect

Posts by dillonandmarasmom

I'm glad I asked! I was actually wondering about the other brands, as I see how everyone eventually catches up with the safety curve, and soon surpasses it. Very helpful!! Picking up a Compass TruFit today...yay!! Lots of leg room for the boy .
I get that. He'll continue to rear face until he is pushing on the seat with his feet (which is, unfortunately, not far off). I am not *in the know* when it comes to carseats, and I saw a Regent available to me, so that is why it is specfic to this post. However, I am open to anything. I am thinking of getting another Britax or a Recaro.
Looks like I need to get a new carseat, and I am not sure what route to go. DS2 is in a convertible, but I am not sure I necessarily would buy this one for him again. I have to return it to its owner, so I have the opportunity to try something different. DS2 is 23# and long. Not sure how long, but wears size 18 mo. clothing and it fits. Experiences? Thanks!
I realize you'd like to avoid the doctor, but a simple urine test will at least rule out kidney infection. I'd go just for that. If it is kidneys, you really don't want to mess aournd and wait too long. Could get very, very bad. A forum like this is certainly not a panel of experts...we can only tell you our own experiences, kwim? Good luck.
We are getting a 2004 Honda Odyssey in a week or so. Prices are in the 9-12,000 range. This is in CA, so I am guessing that our prices are high relative to other states. You might check Craigslist, Carmax, etc., where you can search year, as well as price-range, specific. Good luck!
Quote: Originally Posted by Piglet68 Well, I do tend to be very reactive to these sorts of things (comments that are snarky or judgemental) but that is MY issue. And I try to remind myself that the comments are THEIR issue. kwim? There is something going on inside them that makes them feel the need to judge how you are parenting. Perhaps they are insecure about their choices or themselves. Whatever it is, it really helps me when I remind myself that it...
I am rewording my original post because I am choosing not to stir the world's largest pot of crap...long, boring story of family dramaz that seem to NEVER end. Anyhow, I am just so tired of the passive aggressive way the people around me (whom pretend or seem to appreciate how the kids are learning) ask questions about our choices as if we should know better, or "tsk, tsk, that doesn't sound very unschooly...there are rules, people!" (not an actual quote, but pretty...
Quote: Originally Posted by sellendie I posted my before and after pics, you can view them here (if it works): http://teambeachbody.com/connect/mes...ssage/60764137 My before looks a bit like yours...and your after--Wowza! Nice work. I remember looking a bit like that in high school...20. long. years. ago. I am running this week to build stamina for next week's big start. And, yes, it hurts for a few weeks, slowly dulling to that yummy...
Getting ready to start back in after baby #3. When I got pregnant, I had just finished the first round (all 90 days) and was in great shape. During pregnancy, I gained 60 pounds, so i am looking forward to how my muscle memory pans out... FTR, I still have my "diamonds of gold" [yes, Tony Horton is a lovable DORK], and my strength never really diminished that much. Carrying my 22 pound 6 month old is not even a challenge for me. Had I not done P90, I don't believe I'd...
Both kids have wrist watches, and we purposefully have both types of clocks in our house. If the kids ask me when we are going to do something, I ask them to let me know the time and we count how much longer til we do whatever it is. That has been pretty helpful. Neither are truly "self-taught" when it comes to numbers and letters. We have had to find ways to facilitate this for them both. For money, the kids like to dump out the giant change jar and sort and count the...