or Connect

Posts by dillonandmarasmom

all good to know. thank you all!
I have figured out the issues DS2 has been having with gas and green, mucus poops is due to overproduction. So, I am trying to block feed, and have some questions about pumping. If DS does not finish a side (not fully emptied), should I pump the rest to feed him when he is (in other words, will that help to get the hindmilk in him)? If I do pump, won't I keep overproducing? He hasn't been emptying a side, so should I try to feed him more? Or, should I stop pumping...
nak just learned that his choking and sudden cringing/gassiness, along with his mucus stool just a moment ago, all signal oversupply. so, he is likely getting too much foremilk, which is resulting in a concentration of lactose in his belly. i tend to agree with this since he has not been emptying my breasts each time...not even close. so, i am going to offer only one side each feeding and see how it goes.
In the last two days, DS2 has been very gassy and gets extremely upset, pulling up his legs and tightening his stomach after eating. When we hold him on his belly with his face down (like an airplane) he gets some relief and calms down. He could propell himself across the room with how much gas he lets rip in that position! Should I try the eliminationm diet? If so, what should I eliminate first?? Currently, I do eat and drink the following: cow milk (all...
We are about to live in a home with steep carpeted stairs (probably 13 steps in all). I would like to have a gate at the top that can be operated by a 5 and 7 year old, but also sturdy enough to not be easily dislodged. Make sense? Our newborn will be at least 2-3 years old before we leave this new house for another. Any suggestions as far as type (wall-mounted v. pressure-mount) and brand? Our only other option is to install a slide on the stairs with a huge ball...
Thanks red17. We are thinking of having a little spinner with four possible results: Family adventure Family out to dinner Movie night Day with dad These are DS' favorite things, so let's hope he is motivated!
Quote: Originally Posted by Maluhia I think sleeping with his sister is ideal, can he go down to sleep in that room as well rather than starting with DH? Are you willing to do a reward chart for staying with DD in the playroom? DH asked me the same thing this morning...about a reward system. We are hesitant, but it may be what works. Can you give an example or two of appropriate rewards?
Quote: Originally Posted by Niamh This deserves to be pulled out and emphasized. I see much more educational neglect in public schooling parents than I do in homeschooling parents. I also think that there are 'fundamental' religious homeschoolers only focusing on religious education who could be more correctly termed 'educationally neglectful'. Unschooling is an intense experience, at least in the younger years when you as the parent are doing the...
DS will be 7 in April. He has coslept since birth, and on only a handfull of occasions has he slept most of the night without anyone else in bed with him. Lately, actually since DD and I decided to sleep in the kids' playroom, DS has been more aware when DH leaves the bed. DD will usually sleep okay without me there, but DS just *knows* when he is alone. He will wake up, sit up and cry or whine, "Daddy..." until one of us returns to him. This is causing some serious...
Kevin was unschooled all of his life. He chose to attend his freshman year in a public school. What he learned is written by him on his mom's blog. This was such a good read! http://fivefreebirds.blogspot.com/20...-v-school.html