or Connect

Posts by dillonandmarasmom

Quote: Originally Posted by Eben'sMama I'd pass. This isn't the kind of decision you want to make under pressure, and it sounds like your intuition is telling what's right for you. (And if J. is totally on board with the vas., it sounds like you have your answer right there. ) I totally hear you,Melissa. I had a good conversation with my OB today, and I have until the consent forms are set before me on Tuesday. I am still conflicted,...
Quote: Originally Posted by lindberg99 Our third baby was a planned c-section and I was going to get a tubal. But then DH read the tubal.org site and said he didn't want me to and he would get a vasectomy instead. He did have some pain the first few days but nothing too bad, esp. once he decided to actually *listen* to the doctor's recommendation to use an ice pack. Good luck deciding! This is how DH feels after I showed him a couple of...
Thanks for the replies. Man, it makes this decision so difficult... Yes, I am having a c/s, so it seemed reasonable to have the procedure done at the same time. DH and I talked about it, and he is thinking I should forget the procedure and he can get his vasectomy. I have my pre-op tomorrow, so I guess I'll have to decide then.
I am scheduled for one with this birth and only now read about adverse side effects including: increased period pain heavier periods mood swings bad pms Starting to feel very concerned. Maybe I should just have DH take care of his vas. as we had originally planned... Help!
Gorgeous!! Your colorwork (inside stranding) is amazing!! I am so not there yet....
One of the reasons I chose to go with the section this time (after 1 emergency and the second scheduled), is due to the SOFT program at my hospital. There will be a lactation consultant in the OR, along with a baby nurse. Their jobs are to get baby to breast, or atleast to skin (either mine or DH's) right away. Baby will accompany DH and I to recovery, along with LC. They won't bathe baby for at least 4 hours to give us time to bond skin to skin, and even then, it will be...
Quote: Originally Posted by TRenee Thanks for the advice ladies. It's internal. You don't think running underwear thru a dryer on high isn't enough to kill the yeast? I was literally just tested for GD right before Thanksgiving; had to drink that nasty glucose and they tested me after an hour and I was normal and did not high or borderline sugar levels at all. Haven't cut out all sugars and carbs, but I don't eat a lot of sugar and carbs anyway. I...
What a gorgeous little girl. So much hair!! Congrats, mamas!
I was finally given a 3 day regimen of tercanazol .8% cream. I would also recommend either buying a new set of undies, switching to disposable pads (if you use cloth...or any for that matter), and/or using a very hot iron on what you do put anywhere near your labia. Seriously, it has finally been kicked (for me) and I had an ongoing issue since about 6 weeks along. Oh, is it internal or just external? Mine was only external...
Quote: Originally Posted by sanguine_speed My gosh, I take sleep however I can get it, lol. Me, too. I wake up on my back only to realize, "Hey, my hands aren't numb...cool!" Turns out being on my back is the only position that allows the blood to flow freely to my extremities...so there! (I also sleep on my stomach...for the most part)