or Connect

Posts by dillonandmarasmom

We have a ton of ladybug sacs that have been hatching almost everyday around our yard. We have been fortunate to see them in several stages, from brand new sac to brand new ladybug emerging. The kids are fascinated by them. We also have a praying mantis egg on our eucalytpus. We have been watching it for a few weeks now. Not sure when they'll appear. We get several every year. Hadn't thought about an ant farm. I think that would be pretty interesting, but I would be...
Quote: Originally Posted by Golden Um, no I wouldn't let your hubby near your feet with the dremel! I'd keep that task for the pros! I can jsut see the snickering nurses and docs when you end up in the ER! It was interesting though to see in one of those links all the different things people try. And yeah, having a doc look at it to make sure it isn't infected or fungal would be worth it. As no amount of foot sanding if going to get rid of a fungal...
Golden, Thank you sooo much for all of hte great info. I get overwhelmed whenever I try to research things myself. I seriously want to get a good start on my feet this year. (I say that every year, btw) DH has offered many times to break out his dremel and help with my feet. Should I let him?? I have to say it is so nice to get *no* responses that say "wear socks!!" This is my mom's pat answer.
Quote: Originally Posted by pibblestiltskin@ma Hee hee, I could have written the OP, except my feet aren't quite as bad. I already have the Chaco tan and it is only april - my piggies like to be free!!! One thing that helps me is to plug up the tub drain when I shower and sometimes put in a few drops of Tea Tree Oil - a daily foot soak helps soften the dead skin and this way it doesn't take extra time. Then I do the pumice, creams, etc. DD likes...
Quote: Originally Posted by janasmama I have the same problem and BTW I LOVE chacos so we probably have matching tans on our feet! Burts Bees has a cocunut foot creme that is very thick and you can only put it on at night with socks but it works like a dream, you just have to be frequent. I gob it on thick. Also, I switched from a pumice stone to a metal one....it kind of looks like the very tiny side of cheese grater. This one works so much better...
I do plan to find someone I feel comfortable with. From what you've told me, it could very well be a good thing.
Quote: Originally Posted by Golden Have you been to a podiatrist? They can do the all the more intense scraping and callous removal with dremel type tools that regular pedicure people aren't allowed to do. Maybe just a visit or two and then maintain it from there? I had a really bad experience when I was young, adn have been afraid to go back. I'll have to ask around to find a *good* one.
Anyone?? I really could use some new ideas....
DH and I are finally in the same position. We have been making "enough" for about 3 months now, and have yet to set our budget the way we need to. In the past, when we made more than what was necessary to pay bills, eat, have extra, we always paid ourselves first by dumping (automatically through a bank deduction) into a cash reserve. We tried a savings for awhile, but were terrible about using it. We opted for a cash reserve to force us to go through our financial planner...
My college boyfriend had one. It was pretty possessive and a bit aggressive toward me. Beautiful girl, though.