or Connect

Posts by 1jooj

RR: Biked to the beach today. Which hardly counts, considering the distance, but for this week, it counts. Recovering well from this respiratory thing, thankfully. Looking forward to running when the coughing is under control. Lofty, good metaphor. Not a great feeling! Busy next 2 weeks. Hosting book club, starting with a new language tutor, karate tournament this weekend, musical theatre for dd all next week. Should catch our breath again come March, and then we start...
Bbm, agreed with Shanti on the time off. Werk, month, either works. Could definitely swap stories on differences and moms who always know best. Yikes. Getting sicker before better, and had a minor breakdown last night over what I guess amounts to missing my family. All the cousins are going to be at the funeral tomorrow--well, probably at least 30 to 40 of them--plus the aunties, and I am just missing them all sorely. Dh has been busy/inattentive and from time to time I...
Geo, could it be some kind of neural-endocrine thing to do with dopamine or some such? Sleep-related? Sick here. Will be better in a few days, then back to getting out for RR.
Gaye, fingers crossed that you have a good vacay.   Shanti, I just spent a week eating everything I usually try so hard not to eat. When we got back, I could not see my ankles, and my weight had shifted up 6 pounds in that time. (Hormonally, should have shifted down 2-3.) It has since begun to drift back downward, and my fingers aren't burning, and the acne cleared up. Like you said, I had a hard time believing/internalizing, but I'm sold now.   sparkle, please...
We are in a high-travel period of our life, and for now, we're in our second year using an online school. We are probably atypical online schoolers, because we really use it for the curriculum, materials and structure, and far less for the community, teachers or online classes. We have really great, understanding teachers, and the kids are definitely excelling over their previous B&M experiences. That said, the plan is for them both to enroll back in B&M soon, so it was...
Hi ladies.   Plady, I think what you did re the play is really OK. You know C better than anyone, and if she does great in a supporting role, it will build her confidence, and meantime you can do other things to build her up and try out again in the future, and when she lands that lead, she'll be ready. Tenant sounds weird, but two weeks in Mexico = worth a little weirdness, I think. Enjoy the sun and fill your cup.   Real, I hate that. It completely freaks me out and...
Peeking in from Mecca (OMG still can't believe this) to tell you ladies I think of you all the time amd you are in my prayers. Amazing stuff here, I tell you. RR: Tawaf and Sa'ee and more of that, and lots of prayer. Food is awful but I can't complain. Smooches. Catch you when I get back.
Mel38, Way to GO on the PR and the great race! I got a little cold just reading about it, though.   I can hardly imagine what the northern/midwestern Dingoes are dealing with. I got a note from my sister that just said she hates it, and I would just hate it. I am pretty sure I would. Another friend's beehives have frozen off, cars aren't starting. Just, oh, yuck. Shanti, I really, really hope you can find that snowthrower. Start checking Craigslist or local ads as soon...
RM, I hope your Nana passed peacefully. Sorry for your loss, mama. Bec, wow. Just awful. Feeling for your community. Lofty, your yoga retreat sounds lovely. To all you frozen Dingoes, I wish I could load you all up for a two-week break here. It's feeling subtly like "winter" (I know ) is ending--and if I can say that, then indeed I am quite sensitive to weather seasonal differences. The temp hasn't so much changed yet, though maybe the highs have popped up a couple...
Nic, the CDC sites say a long flu season can go into May. We just got them (Sunday) because they were basically forced on us. Dh even tried to weasel out, but the public health nurse was not having it. We'll be in big, close crowds of people known to have bad cough and hand etiquette, and we have the added concern of Mers, a coronavirus for which there is no vax, and which is killing people around the region. Most of the deaths have been people with other conditions...