or Connect

Posts by 1jooj

MelW, congrats to dh, and yes, whoa. Like others have said, I hope you guys have both followed the path in your own minds and now can figure out an approach that works for everyone. The relo question is not an easy one under the best of circumstances.   Real, Does dh take magnesium? Would he consider it? Again, not a solution, but might take the edge off. Anxiety is no joke. Will be thinking of you as you move through this. And so sorry about his Gma and the family's...
Happy New Year, Dingoes!   Gaye, your 2013 really was pretty darn good!   Looking back, I'd certainly not say this was one of my best, but it was far from the worst. I think we're coming into 2014 with a lot of clarity about what we hope for in the coming decade, and what we can do to make things happen. I am going to try to finally grow into this writing thing.   I meant to run but stayed out late, and eventually got out for a walk. Also wrote about half of a story...
I don't know why I am still up, but Happy New Year to my beloved Dingoes!
Wow, Nic. Sounds like a true medical home kind of doc. Keeping you tethered in to the system. Hard to shake off a flu shot at a doc visit in December, I suppose. But I hope your guts are back to healing. I am watching 10yo dd carefully, too. I had early menarche and feel lucky to have survived. She is in a million ways better off than I was, but it won't leave me.   MelW, crossing lots of fingers that these things work out the way they must, and that everyone survives...
Wow, Geo. What a yucky feeling that must have been.   So, I have been reading short stories...in part because I had to write short fiction for the apps I put in. So, just read some of those "Best of" anthologies, and I was pleasantly reminded of how much I do enjoy short fiction (Can I get an Alice Munro?). It was the literature I clamored for while nursing small babies. The package was just right, perfectly digestible and easy to finish. Also, I was wondering about my...
RR: After Turkish for dinner (yum), we walked all the way home, which must have been about 6 miles. I could not stomach the idea of a cab and traffic, and I won. Also there was half an hour of some weird family partner yoga, which was hilarious and fun, and a good (short) workout.   Dh declared a day off school today (not sure what that's supposed to be about) so I'll get out for another walk/maybe some running. Also hope to bang out the rest of a story I've started.
Hugs, mamas.   Plady, dh and I don't need an occasion to feel like, socially, we tend to "pour water into sand," as he likes to put it. So this is the year of our battening down the hatches. We are encouraging a lot of email-writing and Skyping for the kids with their cousins and friends back home, keeping them busy with lessons in two foreign languages...and they have twice-weekly karate and weekly park day, which seems to be just the right amount of IRL stim at this...
I am sure there is a tech issues place to put this, but I had to reply, rumi, because since I updated my OS, MDC has been kicking me out on Safari, too. Switched over to Firefox and no problems.
You're sending him off with love, JayGee. I'm sure he knows that. Maybe he came back just to ask for this nudge. Bye, Jake.   MelW, they are pretty adorable.   Plady, enjoy the sugar and then box and dance it off. You know you will. Also, I once had a toe do something like that, out of nowhere. I won't tell you too man details, but I think basically it was an injury to the side of the nail that led to an infection that got aggravated by cheap shoes + waitress job. Hot...
It's a major Dinglet bday season! My dd turns 10 on Friday too. Our anniversary is a couple days after that.   And yes, Plady, I feel that grief, too. It runs back and forth between me and both kids, and some days, it is so hard. And I also feel like I have to negotiate and soften dh's experience with it (because he clearly doesn't think about it as much as he reacts to it). Some examples? Orthodontics, foreign language aptitude, athletic skills/interests. It seems so...