or Connect

Posts by trmpetplaya

To get my older ready for tandem-nursing with my younger I would "nurse" her doll at the same time on the other breast (over my shirt - 'cause it was easier and more comfortable for me). After the first couple of times, my older dd would insist that I nurse the dolly every time she nursed
I have a cousin in his mid-20s named Wesley and I think it's a great name!
Yep. My 2 yo is still nursing several times a day including to fall asleep at night and my 3.5 yo is nursing maybe once every 2-4 days. Obviously I'm fine with tandem-nursing I don't think my older dd will continue much longer, but I'm open to the possibility that my younger will end up tandeming with this baby. My older is adamant that she'll be done nursing before the baby comes because he/she will need the milk then so I'm not expecting her to continue. If she did, I...
That argument makes absolutely no sense at all for the reasons already stated. Anecdotally - My dh's wisdom teeth came in just perfectly fine and he's never had any problems with them. Neither has he ever had any problems with his foreskin. Why on earth would we have a dentist or surgeon remove either without a valid and immediate medical reason? The standard that is used for every other part of the body should also be used for the foreskin. Simple as that
I've had spotting with all of mine (except my 1st m/c at 14 weeks... go figure...) and it ranged from brown (mainly) to a bit of red with tiny clots. I voted brown because that's mostly what it was and I didn't have the red with all of them. I had the spotting around implantation time (a bit before my "missed" period and lasting during when it was expected) and then off and on for the next 2-3 weeks. I also have always (except with that 1st m/c) had spotting at around 11...
It could be the placement of the placenta or it could be that you just have a really mellow, relaxed baby! My older dd moved *constantly* it seemed like... my younger dd didn't move much at all. The difference is still very evident in their personalities. My younger dd is just more relaxed and laid back in general (especially when she was a tiny baby). She's also more of a talker and less of a mover compared to her sister. Personalities can sometimes shine through even...
I'm so happy to hear this! Congratulations to both you and your son! :
Quote: Originally Posted by Crunchy Frog I think in our society we're conditioned to see intact boys as having a ticking time bomb between their legs, no matter how much we understand intellectually. I think you're absolutely right about that. If it was a girl or a circumcised boy, most people wouldn't think twice about a bit of redness in the foreskin area (clitoral hood for a girl or glans for a boy), but even doctors tend to overreact if an...
Nope - not too early for BH at all. They start at around 6 weeks and different women start noticing them at different points in pregnancy - usually earlier with subsequent pregnancies. If this is your first then maybe she thinks it's too early for you to be noticing them yet, but it's definitely not too early for you to be having them! Maybe you're just more observant than most...
I'm doing exercises from Elizabeth Noble's book Essential Exercises for the Childbearing Year. I don't usually exercise and these are very simple and easy exercises that specifically work on muscles that are used during labor. She also goes into the reasons for doing the exercises and why each muscle group is so important for labor and also important to strengthen after labor. She talks about (very mild) exercises to do post-partum - and some to do post c-section as well....