or Connect

Posts by trmpetplaya

Yep! Sounds like a Braxton Hicks contraction! They generally start at around 6 weeks for everyone, the difference is when you notice them. I didn't notice them with my first until nearly 8 months along, with my second it was around 20 weeks, and this time I noticed them at around 12 or 13 weeks. It's perfectly normal The only concern with early contractions is if they're real ones that change your cervix too early. BH contractions do not change your cervix and BH tend...
I think they should absolutely do a study on this, but I think that if circumcised men *are* less likely to use condoms that it probably has more to do with the fact that they're more likely to believe that they're protected from STDs (circumcision is not only touted to prevent HIV, but herpes and HPV and possibly others that I don't know about) and therefore they might have less of a reason (in their mind) to use condoms. I think it would have less to do with sensitivity...
Quote: Originally Posted by benj i know it shouldn't be any of their business. in all honesty, i would much prefer to have an optimally functioning foreskin! it was unfortunate, but i don't stress about it. it was not as horrible of an experience as pro-circ people make it seem. consenting and remembering it are not terrible things. See, as a guy who has had it done, you have a very powerful voice. You can tell people (as you've done here) that...
Generally they're more noticeable with subsequent pregnancies which has definitely been true for me! I don't think I noticed them until I was nearly 8 months along with my 1st and I was at least 20 weeks along with my 2nd and this time I noticed them at 13 weeks... I looked it up then just to make sure it was okay. Like some of the pps, if I have more than a couple in a half hour period then usually I need to pee or drink more water. I would only call my midwife if they...
What it comes down to for me - other than the fact that the medical benefits aren't enough to justify a prophylactic surgery on a brand new baby - is choice. The odds are good that either way - circumcised or intact - your son will be happy. Most men are. However, if he's unhappy and has been left intact, he can always choose to be circumcised later in life. Contrary to popular opinion, it's really not all that painful because adults can be put completely under or...
They start at around 8 or 9 weeks, IIRC. The difference is just when they're noticed. With my first I didn't notice them until nearly 8 months along, with my second I noticed them about halfway through, and this time I started noticing them at 13 weeks. So, totally normal I usually notice them in the morning before I get out of bed. It's cool because I can tell more easily how my uterus is growing when it's firm like that! It's comforting to me to know it's growing...
Article from Australia: http://www.watoday.com.au/national/c...0603-buo6.html They're talking about it which is progress!
A friend of mine has four circumcised boys and one intact boy - any future sons will also be left intact. Her four circumcised boys are a quite few years older than their brother and helped by changing diapers and with toilet training and none of them have ever said anything about the difference. As far as boys closer in age go... my dh is intact and his best friend (and next-door neighbor) growing up was circumcised and there were never any issues. They went swimming...
It's a bit different, but if this baby is a girl she'll be named after my childhood best friend and it's a very unusual name so I asked her first if she'd mind. She was totally honored and gave her permission immediately. We don't see this friend often (on the other side of the country like your friend's daughter) so it shouldn't get too confusing and I've always loved her name. I did feel that it was polite to ask first just in case she did mind for whatever reason...
I had pretty much a constant UTI with my first pregnancy... be careful because it really sucks if you get a kidney infection (I got two with that pregnancy and both times ended up in the hospital...). I also recommend that you take a serious and heavy-duty probiotic (I've heard good things about Mercola probiotics, I think that's what they were, and you can find them online) along with everything else you're doing. However, if it doesn't go away within a couple weeks you...