or Connect

Posts by trmpetplaya

Quote: Originally Posted by momma-d I'm not sure I'd agree that episiotomies should never be used to avoid tearing. It totally depends on the situation...I was crowning with DD for over 20 minutes while my MW tried everything she could to help me stretch. Finally she cut...was the healing terrible? Yup. Do I wish that it hadn't needed to be done? Yup. But...I do think she really tried very hard to avoid it. I'm honestly confused about why you...
Quote: Originally Posted by lindberg99 Yes, you can "teach by example" without really ever saying much of anything. Just do what you do and let them see it's normal. I am very non-confrontational too so I would have a really hard time saying anything. But I guess I was influenced by people talking about circumcision. Both my doctor and one of my friends said they really regretted circumcizing their sons. So talking can work too! Yep - I would...
Honestly, as someone who has NEVER had an ultrasound (I've been pregnant 5 times with 2 miscarriages), I would absolutely be going in for one ASAP if my midwife or I suspected twins. I don't do routine ultrasounds (nor has my midwife ever required them), but I would go in for one if there was a good reason and suspected twins is a good reason, IMO (and in my midwife's opinion ). If this is some other health issue, as your midwife seems to think, then I would still go...
I wouldn't do it. I spent years learning everything I could about circumcision and it will happen to a child of mine over my dead body. I have not been blessed with a son yet, but since we didn't find out what gender my girls were I made sure to learn as much as I could so I could defend my decision to family members and friends. I want to address a common argument for circumcision... the argument that the son should "match" his father - so if a father is cut, so should...
A friend of mine had this happen at around 11-12 weeks and it turned out that they think she miscarried one of TWINS, but went on to successfully carry the remaining baby who is a beautiful little girl! The doctors were all set to have her go through with a D&C, but they saw another heartbeat at the u/s. Thank goodness she had an u/s before having the D&C...
My first was 7 hours of active labor after a little more than a day of intermittent contractions. My second was less than 1 hour of active labor after nearly two weeks of intermittent contractions (that got me to 6cm dilation before active labor began at all). I basically went straight into transition when active labor started. It was intense... I'd take the 7 hours of active labor over the 1 hour ANY day...
I'm built very small/skinny and I've never heard the hb via doppler before 13 weeks.
I spotted off and on with both my healthy children for the entire second month. I also spotted during implantation and then off and on for four more weeks - so five weeks total. I seem to be doing the same this time around as well. I don't know if this one will turn out okay, but I'm hoping it will since the spotting has been lighter than it was before and I haven't had any cramping.
This will be our third (due around the 20th - I haven't really jumped in totally yet because I'm still having a bit of spotting off and on and I had a m/c last fall so a little nervous still...) and we're pretty much going to do things the way we've done them before. We'll definitely be planning another home birth. Co-sleeping works well for us because I love my sleep and hate getting out of bed in the middle of the night. I'm a light sleeper and could never co-sleep...
I've had first trimester spotting with both of my successful pregnancies (this one included - I'm thinking positively!) and the best thing you can do is to take it easy and make sure you're hydrated. Dehydration can actually temporarily lower your HCG levels. My midwife was clear that with spotting hydration is usually more important than bedrest as long as you don't overdo the activity - however with being sick too... I wouldn't be out of bed any more than necessary if I...