or Connect

Posts by trmpetplaya

I don't have a son, but I hope that when/if I do that he will be fine with folks knowing his circumcision status if it means that another baby boy is saved from having his genitals sliced up. After all, that's how his father feels about it Honestly, if I were talking to someone from a culture where they cut their girls, I would have no problems talking about how my intact girls haven't had any problems at all. Circumcision won't ever stop if we don't talk about it...
Quote: Originally Posted by mommyintx I DID IT! I filled out my pre-registration tonight and put in big letters at the top DO NOT ASK ME ABOUT CIRCUMCISION THIS IS NOT SOMETHING I WANT AND DO NOT WANT TO BE ASKED!!! I'm so glad you came back and have taken steps to protect your new baby! You can do it love and peace.
Okay, to those (2 so far) who chose that they consider circumcision to be non-abusive *only* because it's legal: I don't understand your position at all and I'm wondering why on earth you feel that the legal status of an action is what determines whether the action is abusive or not. Does that mean that you consider female circumcision to be non-abusive in the countries where it's legal as well? love and peace.
Quote: Originally Posted by rhubarbarin I don't know about kids under 15, but among my generation it seems like everyone is circed. All my male friends are (yes, this is something we've discussed!) Out of all my female friends around my age (17-24), only one has had one partner that wasn't. I live right outside Philadelphia. According to a friend of mine in high school (who paid attention in the locker room, but didn't tease anyone and only told...
Intact looks much better than circumcised, IMO. There's no scar, for one thing! It also just looks totally wrong for the glans to be exposed when flaccid.... or for a baby's glans to be exposed love and peace.
Quote: Originally Posted by DanelleB Exactly! I think I would have reacted the same way. However I also would have reacted the same if they had just purchased a $300 TV or camera or something equally unnecessary, but claim not to be able to make ends meet. Yes, to all of this! But as someone who really has been broke before, folks spending money on "extras" while claiming to be "broke" is one of my pet peeves They can do whatever they want...
Quote: Originally Posted by latinalonestar I heard a woman say that she wouldn't know what to do with a man who wasn't circed. As if you have to put it somewhere when you have sex. I don't know what I'd do with a man who *was* circumcised. I mean... how on earth does foreplay work without any naturally lubricated moving bits to "play" with? love and peace.
I sent it to one of the NPR stations in Seattle love and peace.
Quote: Originally Posted by Love&consciousness OK, for starters, changing the name of this forum to something positive would be nice like..."The Case for Leaving Your Son Intact" or...??? The unfortunate reality is that people don't automatically know what "intact" means. However, almost everyone knows that little boys are circumcised (or even worse, should be or have to be circumcised). Using the more familiar word would therefore be more...
I babysat for some people down the street starting when I was 11. They had a 6 year old and 3 year old twins. All girls. I had taken the baby sitting course through the Red Cross as well and I charged practically nothing (maybe $2 an hour, but $2 was my weekly allowance so it was a lot to me!). I also have three much younger siblings so I had quite a bit of experience with young children. My parents were also right down the street, though I never needed their help. This...