or Connect

Posts by trmpetplaya

I voted "maybe" before reading any responses because I *would* do it if I 1. thought it would help and 2. were assured that I would not be arrested. I'm all for civil disobedience as long as it does some good and parents whose children need them don't wind up behind bars. After reading the responses, I agree about looking normal. I'm a barefooter. There are times that it behooves me to wear flip flops (at the very least) because I'm involved in several...
My dh was born in the early 80s (in CA) and he remembers retracting himself for the first time at age 5. I'm inferring that means that he wasn't retracted at all before then. I would ask, but his mother isn't around to ask anymore If I were you, I would quickly go over intact care with her anyhow. I would start off by just asking her what she was told to do with your brothers. I'm sure she won't take offense. Standards of care do change and you have her grandson's best...
Quote: Originally Posted by nd_deadhead Why doesn't Junior's penis look different from Daddy's? Because, compared to Junior's, Daddy's penis is HUGE, and has HAIR! These are the things that young boys notice. My twin boys were 8 years old when they learned about circumcision. At that point we told them that theyr Dad was circumcised. They had noticed that their Dad's glans was always exposed, but since they could retract their own foreskins and expose...
Absolutely! If you read the book Milk, Money, and Madness you'll see that the same following of trends happened with formula-feeding by choice as well. Wealthy folks were the ones who could afford wet nurses and then were also the ones who could afford formula soon after it was developed. Then people were told that formula-feeding was superior and nearly everyone started doing it. I believe that in both the case of formula-feeding by choice and the case of routine...
Quote: Originally Posted by jessjgh1 I asked her about this a while back, its in an old thread somewhere..... She does not have the original manuscript and because of that it cannot be printed again. I think the only way to do it would be to have some one professionallly scan a good copy of the book and re create it, with her permission. Her contact information is available through her website. I was able to meet her as she was a panelist at...
Quote: Originally Posted by MCatLvrMom2A&X : holy molie that much I guess I wont be getting that book for ds after all Yep. I don't usually have that much trouble finding used or out-of-print books either so it's quite rare. Those prices and it's rarity definitely means it's time for a new edition! Maybe we could e-mail the author and ask whether a new edition is at least being considered and suggest that she consider it because there are...
I PM'd you. I found 4 copies total online and all were over $70. I'll be extremely sure to keep a lookout for this book from now on whenever I go to rummage or used-book sales!
My dh is intact and his father is circumcised. Until he was in middle or high school dh assumed that his father just wore his foreskin pulled back Once he found out about circumcision he was very very very happy that it hadn't been done to him. It wasn't an issue at all for my dh. I think it's more of an issue for the circumcised father, but I haven't gotten up the nerve to ask my FIL about it so I can't help you there... Bust wishes!
In an intact baby boy, the foreskin is fused to the head of the penis which prevents anything from creeping up underneath it. If her son happened to get a loose circumcision then there would still be some foreskin and it wouldn't necessarily be fused which would allow poop (and germs!) up underneath. An intact baby penis is also nice and smooth for easy cleaning whereas a circumcised baby penis has a little ridge that poop is always getting stuck behind. I can't think...
I know several families that had many of one gender in a row and then many of the other gender (if they kept going). One had 2 girls, then 4 boys, then 3 girls, then a boy. One had 4 girls and then a boy. Another had 3 girls and then a boy. Yet another had 3 boys and then a girl. My dad's family had 4 boys, a girl, and then another boy. My mom's had 3 girls and then 2 boys. I do know two families that had 4 boys and 5 boys respectively (they were not trying for a girl),...