or Connect

Posts by FatherDove

Serena: I didn't realize the error of my acronym ... how about in my context SAHM stood for Stay At Home Mate, uh, yeah, that's the ticket! Sorry for the goof. Yes, I did mean homemaker. At the time she was wanting to start a writing career in the Romance genre so I encouraged her to quit her job since I had a good income. That was about four-and-a-half years before we got pregnant. Again, sorry for the poor use of acronyms
Our midwife assisted homebirth was the most magickal day of my life! Catching our beautiful girl and laying there staring at her, giggling. We didn't find out the sex until I cut the cord about two hours after the birth. Our midwife was the most wonderful woman! She was there for anything we needed at any time and her homebirth classes were awesome! My dw did want a water birth but since she labored so quickly (about 5¾ hours) and another woman from our class was...
FatherDove is because I am the father to our beautiful Verona Dove! MotherDove is my beautiful wife too. Our usual name is dhsjlja which is my and my dw's initials.
How do you find a good chiropractor? My dw and I both believe in holistic healthcare and a "natural" lifestyle (we're working on it at least!). But both have had bad experiences with ONE chiropractor. I heavily stress the ONE chiropractor statement. We are POSITIVE that there are a plethura of GREAT ones out there. I guess my point is that, like any other professional you seek, make sure you ask the proper questions and ask enough pros until you feel comfortable...
RowansDad: Amen to that! My dw didn't make me do it ... she just, in that mother kinda suggestive voice, hinted that my "insight" may be "appreciated" in these forums. Very diplomatic ... and clever. You all may never hear the end of me now!
I hope you are right Peggy! My dw and I are very much into raising our child like a person and not a, well, child. (not to say she isn't a child -- 9½ mo old) And this, of course, includes AP. Unfortunately, , I have (read: want) to work and dw is a SAHM (upon my request many years before we were pregnant) so the AP seems to be more on her side then mine. Anyway, our dd is (almost literally!) attached to my dw! Although I would love to I can't...
I read and hear all the time about mothers getting together with their tots and "having fun." I was curious if any dads do the same thing? And if you do, what activities does your group plan? And what about family play groups? If you don't see the proper response then please let us know what it is! Interested to see what this surfaces
A thought provoking poll... I was going to answer "never had a chance" but really it would have to read "never took the chance." My parents divorced when I was five and we all know how difficult long-distance relationships can be! I always thought my father was completely irresponsible and selfish. When relatives pointed out that I was just like him I would cringe. I had no respect for the man who abondoned his kids. [...enter more harsh feelings here...] The...
:: raising hand :: present.
I agree with you both, asha and paula_bear, that people make a clear distinction between parental duties and babysitting. And as a father I would never refer to taking care of my children as babysitting. However, I disagree that it should matter to either parent. Strangers, and those who are just strange(!), have their own opinions and viewpoints. What they say about me or my family is unimportant, in my opinion. I love my family with all my heart and that is the most...