or Connect

Posts by bird_verde

To add protein to the snacks maybe add some cheese/cheese sticks, almonds/mixed nuts, some sliced meat and bread so that they can make their own sandwiches?  I would really keep it simple (and certainly tell them to help themselves!) but if you have that huge surge of energy the last few days before birth and feel like making something you could try making some quinoa bars or other homemade protein bars.   It is interesting that your midwife has this on her list.  I...
I would consider it safe too especially since you have it frozen now and will fully cook it.  But I am not a food scientist and we tend to be more relaxed in our house about proper temp and leaving things out.
I took a hypnobirthing class (through the hospital) with #1 and while I enjoyed it while I was going through it, I didn't get much out of it (neither did DH) that helped with the birth or postpartum - I felt really unprepared.  I took a midwife's class for #2 - a very natural birth type class, and felt very prepared.  A very small class (4 couples), loads of time to ask lots of questions and we went over everything from pregnancy and birth to postpartum and baby care. ...
Glad to hear that some of you are a step higher.  I am 12 weeks and spend my weeks looking forward to the weekends as DH is usually home and I can spend most of the day in bed.  I was so lightheaded and nauseous on Sunday and that is exactly what I did. It was a big relief to have him home. DH is on another trip tomorrow so I am trying to build up some strength to make it through to the end of the week.    I reluctantly agreed to babysit (overnight) for a friend of...
 Your a large animal vet - that is very physical work especially when you are recovering from birth.  I don't even do most of our small farm work (just the easier stuff) in the last weeks of pregnancy and for as long as possible after the birth.  I wish you luck, maybe she will just give up and release you from the contract if you stick to your requests.
I think a lot will depend on so many unknown factors - how well your birth goes,  any minor (or major - I hope not!) medical issues you have to deal with after,  breastfeeding issues, your baby's personality and your adjustment to motherhood.    With my first, I really didn't want or need any help right away.  I had a healthy birth and baby slept a lot, so I felt really comfortable making small meals (if needed) and doing a load of laundry each day.  DH kept the...
With my first, we did find out the sex exactly because I needed to so badly so that I could call the baby a name and bond.  It was awful HG and I had a hard time loving the idea of a baby when I was in the middle of the worst of it.  With the second, DH and I were so indifferent about it, I wasn't even sure if I would have the 20 week ultrasound and put it off until 24 weeks. By that time, I think we were having so much fun teasing all of the family and friends that so...
crafty - I am no fool.  This is my third go around with HG and it never ended before the 20 week mark for me.  but a girl can hope! i'm at 10 weeks and thinking about it maybe being over (or at least lessened) in two weeks gives me a smidge of unrealistic hope.   I hated to sound so down in my post - the good news is that DH is home right now and cleaning the house.  Who knows, I might get at least a load of laundry clean for me by morning.
I haven't been on in a while as I am just busy on top of being sick.  DH has been out of town for work a lot lately and it has been hard.  I am so nauseous and weak and I am trying my best to take care of my toddler and 8 year old but I know I am failing.  The little one has also been sick for about 2 weeks on top of everything else.  I literally do not have any clean clothes to wear tomorrow and I don't think I care.  Thank goodness my 8 year old knows how to put a...
Well, I am about to go down this route and see if my Harvard Pilgrim PPO will cover a homebirth in Maine.  Nothing in my plan documents specifically says that they don't.  We didn't have insurance with our last homebirth and just paid out of pocket and it sure would be nice to have some of the costs covered this time.  Does anyone have any information, advice or experience in this area?  My midwife says that some companies do reimburse costs (of course, Mainecare doesn't).