or Connect

Posts by PinksMommy

Quote: Originally Posted by angelpie545 You know, it's funny, but a lot of people don't remember that Shannon, Leslie, and Ashley did used to be boy names! I've heard of girls being named Riley, Ryan, and Hunter, both all seem kind of masculine to me, except for Riley, which I like for a girl when it's spelled "Rylee". Quote: Originally Posted by LionTigerBear I think the next step is to "take back" certain traditional male...
I felt like I needed to post here. I just went through something similar, but a little more scary. I got a ticket for driving with an expired tag on my car when I was 7 months pregnant. I didn't have the money to renew the tags and I normally didn't drive that car but I was going 1 mile down the road to a chiro appointment and I was pregnant so I needed my chiro! The ticket required me to go to court and prove I had valid plates and pay a $60 fine. When the time came, I...
My DH and IL's passionately INSIST that being out in the cold can make you sick, especially if you don't wear your coat. It drives me crazy and they tell it to my kids and their young nephew they have custody of. My FIL and DH are mechanics, FIL is asthmatic and gets pnemonia often and if it is cold/wet outside, he won't work on the trucks because he says laying on the cold ground gives him pneumonia.
Quote: Originally Posted by an_aurora Not nearly as funny as some of the previous ones, but today my DD (2.5) was eating her breakfast, and when I saw that her plate was empty, I asked her in a goofy voice, "Where did your waffles go?" She looked at me for a minute and the opened her mouth really wide, and pointed in her mouth, and said "I ate them in my mouth." I said, "Oh, ok sweetie." Then she thinks for a minute, and lifts up her shirt and...
Nothing girly about earrings. My kids are both too young to have their ears pierced now but after they are 5 and older, I hope that they will both want to get their ears pierced. I won't push them into it if they don't show an interest but it's not an only-female thing in our family.
Story here I just saw this on TV. Yay for Julia and baby Henry. Did she nurse the twins for long?
How do you know? I've been to three appointments so far with this male counselor, the practice is in my town and I was referred there by an acquaintance who sees one of the female doctors. Unfortunately my insurance only covered two of the providers in the practice and so here I am. Should there be anything happening after 3 appointments? In the new patient paperwork I filled out, it outlined that the counselor would set up and discuss a treatment plan after two...
Because what they did was NOT a lawful request, was it? How can they interpret the law if it says a mother has a right to breastfeed where she has a right to be? I totally support Brooke and am disgusted by Applebee's, but did they ever tell her she couldn't feed or that she needed to leave? Did they ever break the law?
Applebee's International is HERE! Where I live!! Quote: "I am calling with the corporate response you requested - and the corporate response to the breastfeeding in Lexington, Kentucky is that Applebee's and its franchisees love having families dine together at our restaurants. We believe that this francihisee made a reasonable and lawful request of this guest in order to promote a pleasant and comfortable experience for all of its guests." He then left his...
Quote: Seriously, when I was fourteen, I though NIP -with a blanket no less- was really shocking, and should be private. Four years later I was doing it everywhere without a cover! Oh yeah! I had my dd when I was 20, and just a year earlier I was running my mouth about how gross it was to nurse a baby who could talk and freaking out seeing a woman breastfeeding under a blanket... oh my, how it all changes once you've tried,