or Connect

Posts by Dodo

: The part about not being online when life is good. I have some questions I've been meaning to post, but it hasn't been as urgent. A four-year-old doesn't change as quickly as a toddler and my toddler is the kind of kid who asks for mittens and bed, so he doesn't require nearly as much research as my daughter.
Thanks for the pictures, Christine. I love seeing you guys! I've temporarily returned to the world of paid work. I have a couple of translation contracts for the next couple of weeks. Busy, busy, busy. We are focusing on potty training here. Each unused diaper elicits great joy from me. The laundry has been an enormous burden with the little guy's frequent wetting--at least one load of dipes a day, sometimes two! The other night I didn't change a single diaper...
I'm so happy to see pictures of you with your beautiful boy. Congratulations to you and your hubby.
Quote: my biopsy was neg whoohoo! How did I miss that? Cute pics, everyone. The little boy is incredibly cute. He can frequently be seen, running in the other direction, holding a pen and laughing. On the subject of not comparing, I am finding this age one hundred times more fun this time.
I was hoping to get my hands on a Crunch bar, but alas, it didn't happen. And my stomach hurts, too.
New thread for a new month
A new thread for a new month.
If that's your bad mommy moment, I think you're doing just fine, Caroline! Season changes are fast and furious here, and sometimes I'm on top of it, sometimes I'm not. Last fall, I never made it out fall shopping for dd. I just couldn't hack it with the baby. I think my guy likes sleeping too. He's very routine oriented so the time change is doing his little head in. He feels neglected if we are late with bedtime. Hallowe'en is over. Dh handed out all of our...
Hmm, haven't got much time. The playgroup that I go to with my son was started over twenty years ago by four moms who wanted somewhere to go with their kids. It is very structured, especially in comparison to the playgroup I went to when dd was little. This is good, because the children never have the chance to fight or fall apart. Children aged 1-3 go with their mom from 9:30-11:30 in the morning. It begins with free play. At 10, toys are cleared and everyone sits in a...
I think you're being too hard on yourself. It's the rare person who can take a child that age to a wedding ceremony and reception without expending a lot of energy. FWIW, I saw two harnessed twins out this morning, in the park, with their nanny and their very pregnant, very tired looking mom.