or Connect

Posts by Dodo

The caregivers at a good daycare will know that some of the children are extroverted and that some of them are introverted. They should accommodate all personality types (for instance, at my daughter's daycare, some of the shyer kids don't sit in the circle at circle time, but hover around the ages, where they are happier). Ultimately, they will probably encourage a less outgoing child to socialize a bit more and a more peer-dependent child to engage in independent play...
Rapid weight loss in the post-partum period may be a sign of an overactive thyroid. It was in my case. A blood test might be in order to rule out any medical probs.
Christeeny, isn't that how it always is? Relief and disappointment.
I think that we should do a new thread for every month, because it revives the conversation when everyone drops in to re-subscribe. Christeeny, remind me to tell you more about our playgroup later. I don't have the time right now, but it's worth hearing about...
I am planning on going with the magnetized bulletin boards. At this point, I'm thinking of doing several smaller ones, side by side: one for the calendar, one for to-do lists and one for bills and things requiring immediate attention. Art goes on the wall or on the fridge. The apple picking fiasco is what you call it when the administrator of your child's daycare calls you at 9am to ask about your child, because a busload of 43 children and six teachers is waiting for...
New thread for a new month
Chatting is slowing down now that we are into toddlerhood. In the future, should we do one thread for every two months? Or is shorter better? I've been busy, although not quite as busy as magemom (sorry for your loss ). The other day I was pushing the little guy in his stroller at my normal pace and I passed a power walker. That's my new normal! In September, I prepared two birthday parties, which involved well over a hundred cupcakes. I finished a short story. I...
After what can only be called The Apple Picking Fiasco, I am determined to set up a family command center/bulletin board and calendar in our kitchen. Before I go shopping, can you tell me how you arranged yours? Any special tips? Magnets vs. tacks? Size? Shape?
107?
Yay, Christine! I got my first post-partum period over the weekend. Six months earlier than with dd. Maybe it's because she was a much more demanding one-year-old who could not have handled a closely spaced sibling. Or maybe it's because this one actually eats three meals and one snack a day. I also used a babysitter for the first time with both of the kids. Very liberating. This thread functions as an early-warning system for me. Ds was feverish today, but I...