or Connect

Posts by Dodo

I am nowhere near being a zen mama, but I can say that those times that I clear my mind of anger, everything goes 100% smoother with my three-year-old. A firm voice gets a better response than an angry or sad voice. A lot of the teachers on the board talk about using their teacher voice with their kids. Do you have a teacher voice? I'm working on mine. When I get it right, the results are amazing. You mention that whining is a problem. Can you teach Jackson the...
Quote: Look into kelp for thyroid support, even if your thyroid is slightly out of whack, kelp can help -- I am hypo thyroid -- but only slightly and can maintin with kelp suppliments If EnviroBecca has a thyroid problem, it would be hyperthyroidism, not hypothyroidism. Many people with hyperthyroidism try to avoid high-iodine foods like kelp.
I know how infuriating it is when an older child bites your baby. Not a good feeling. That said, so many things struck me about your post. A 27-month old can be hard. A 27-month-old after an outing to Old Navy can be hard. A 27-month-old after an outing to Old Navy with her new baby brother can be hellish. It might be helpful to adjust your expectations. Say that you absolutely need to go shopping alone with the two children. Do it, but be realistic about the...
Quote: He has 3 bruises on his head from these past two days that we've been at my mom's. I guess it must be developmentally appropriate to be covered in bruises at this age. Ds's baby face is covered in bruises and scabs. I've always been a little nervous about sharing too much personal information on a public forum. I love reading other people's blogs, but I can see why one might want to take precautions. I'm not sure when I will nightwean....
When dd says, "Go away," we remind her to say "I need some space," instead. I imagine that this would take a lot more repetition with a child as young as yours.
Traci, I'm glad that you will finally get to officially celebrate your daughter's arrival. Today, a three-year-old boy rang our doorbell, asking if the baby could come play. When the baby's around this particular boy (a friend of his sister's), he refuses to crawl, and always pulls himself to standing, as if to say, "I can walk." Today I watched a woman single-handedly direct her four-year-old daughter and tantruming two-and-a-half-year-old triplet boys off the...
You're modelling how to break the ice. That's got to rub off sometime, right?
Could "tare" be "stair"?
I think that we can be pre-disposed to thyroid disease, but that the environment plays a big role as to if and when we do flare up (for instance, I have a thyroid problem, my grandmother had one, my great-grandmother had one, but my aunts don't, maybe because they avoided stress or because they didn't have kids). I just say that to address your concern that your hypothyroidism is expressing itself differently than from with your relatives.
Katje, my husband thinks the baby is depriving himself of sleep to spend more time climbing up and down the stairs. This is his new favourite activity. He and Link sound as though they've got a lot in common. It would be so much fun if the August 04 babies could one day meet. Because my first child was a late talker, I'm particularly enjoying the baby's first words. He has a word for his sister, a word for his grandfather, a word for me -- I'm thrilled. Our sibling...