or Connect

Posts by Karry

I was told the same thing when I was pregnant with my dd 10 years ago. She's a July 99 baby. We went back for an ultrasound at 24 weeks or so and the cysts were gone. HTH.
Quote: Originally Posted by TexasSuz I highly recommend Horizons Math for 4th grade. We are doing the 4th grade book right now and my math challenged girl is doing well with their approach. I'm glad to hear that you like Horizons. I was thinking of trying it with dd. The 4th grade placement test seemed difficult for her, I was going to go with the third grade instead. I'm going to look at it more before I decide. Thanks.
Quote: Originally Posted by onlyzombiecat Do you have a reason to rush through Intro to US History? Are you expecting to catch your dd up and return her to school? If that is the case you will want to study the subject matter she would be studying in school in 4th grade. That might not be either Core 3 or 4. We spent 2 years on Core 1. We are using Core 2 right now and dd will be 9 at the end of next month. We will finish it in 1 year this time. She...
I'm going to pull my dd from public school. She has been missing tons of school due to uncontrolled asthma. She is 9.5 and in the 4th grade. I'm looking at Sonlight, and have pretty much decided to go that way. I'm just not sure if I should order Core 3 or 3/4. For math I'm thinking about trying Singapore. She is having some trouble with long division, but is doing OK with fractions. Would this be the right fit for her or would another math curriculum work...
I have a girl born in July and a boy born in June. I sent both of them to kindy when they had just turned 5. They are usually either the youngest or one of the youngest in their class. My ds has done great in school. He even has some issues, diagnosed with SPD, yet still gets great grades and fits in well with his peers. My dd is struggling some in the 4th grade, but that's more because she has missed school due to illness then her being young. My youngest just turned...
The oral albuterol can make them jittery. I prefer using the albuterol in the nebulizer because it goes to the lungs and doesn't make them as jittery. I hope your baby gets better soon.
Quote: Originally Posted by KatWrangler nak this should be moved to the vax forum. :
I love Facebook. It's cool keeping in touch with everyone. I have friends on there I haven't seen in years. It's cool to see what they are up to now. I also love seeing the pics of everyone's kids. I'm on Facebook way too much. I'm probably addicted.
Joining your thread. I'm an RN, BSN. I graduated in '97 worked at a Children's hospital for about a year and a half and then had my first baby. I was a SAHM for 8 years. I decided I wanted to go back to nursing during the summer of '06. I took an RN refresher course and have now been employed for a year and a half. I work on a pediatric floor of a community hospital. We get general pediatric stuff, and I love my job. I work part time, three shifts a pay period. I...
We got a minivan when we only had two kids, because we wanted to be able to take more people with us. It worked well because we ended up having a third and needed to fit three carseats. I traded in my van last summer for something with better gas mileage. I now sit my three kids, two in boosters in the back row of a Nissan Rogue. I love my Rogue. I sometimes miss the room of the van, but not that much. I'd have an even smaller car if I only had two kids. I really wanted a...