or Connect

Posts by Karry

Hi Devrock, thanks for the info. I will definately think more about the shot. I had two OB assisted hospital births with my first two deliveries. I would love to have a homebirth, but I am high risk with my preterm labor. I feel I need to be able to go to the hospital when I have too many contractions early on. My cervix is already thinning out and I am 26 weeks. My DD was born at 39 weeks and my DS was born at 38 weeks, so I have gone to term, but I tend to...
Hi everyone, can I join in too? I've been a lurker for awhile, and now that I have been put on bedrest I'll have lots of time to post now too. I am due February 12th with #3. I have a 4 year old DD and a 2 year old DS. My DS weaned about a month after he turned two when my milk dried up. He tried to nurse one day and when he couldn't get anything to come out he said it was stuck. I was also on bedrest with my other two pregnancies. With my first I was put on...
I have a 2001 Nissan Quest and like it very much. It drives nice and the wind noise is very minimal. I envy the poster above with the new 2004 Quest. I would so love to have a van with automatic doors. We got a great deal on our 2001 new, it was probably $7000 or more cheaper than the Honda Oddesy, which we had also looked at. The new Toyota Sienna had gotten some good reviews lately. It all depends on your price range and what options are most important to...
Hi, I was put on bedrest with both of my pregnancies at 29 weeks. It sounds like modified bedrest is less than what I had to be on. I had to be laying down pretty much all day. I was allowed to get up to go to the bathroom, and I was allowed to take a shower once a day. I could also sit up for meals, but otherwise I had to stay either laying down on the bed or couch. I also made it to term both times. I would start out at fingertip at 29 weeks,and by 31 weeks I was...
Hi, your son is definately bigger than mine was at that age. DS was only 17 pounds and 29 inches at 12 months. He turns two tomorrow and he is probably 21 pounds now. He has also had lots of testing done to see if anything was wrong with him. He dropped off of the chart at 9 months old. He used to eat pretty well, lately though he has gotten pickier. He'll ask for snacks and eat them all morning and then take a few bites of lunch. Then he'll nap and after he...
My DS weighed 6 lbs. 7 oz. at birth and weighed just under 17 lbs at 12 months, he is now 21 months and weighs around 20 lbs. He has been tested to see why he is off of the chart (he has been below the 5th percentile in weight since he was 9 months old), everything came back negative. He really isn't a picky eater, but is just so active. He was rolling over at 2 months and was running at 10 months. We just run small in my family, my DD is 3 1/2 and weighs 30 lbs. and...
Hi all! My DD turns 3 July 23. Time sure flies. This age has been trying at times. Potty training has been a struggle. She can stay dry pretty well, but refuses to poop on the potty. Tantrums can be frequent with her, and the hitting and kicking of her little brother (almost one) has been upsetting me. On the other hand she can be very sweet, and is extremely verbal. We can have conversations with her. Her imagination is excellent also. I have heard...