or Connect

Posts by breathingmom

I have been waiting for the right time to post on here because I wanted to write my story thoughtfully and with interesting detail. Since I am a busy homeschooling mom of three kids I decided that it would be best to just give some highlights or I may never end up adding my story! My first child was born at a hospital with a CNM who I had transferred to at 35 weeks. I was not very educated about natural childbirth up until that point and luckily our midwife was...
It is such good news to hear about the arrival of your healthy baby girls! I found that it wasn't until my dd's were about five that I was able to fully process all the emotions of their births. I hope that you will allow yourself some time because right now you are going to be so, sooooo busy! We look forward to hearing more when you can share (no expectations though)! Please whisper a "welcome to the world" in your baby girls ears! ~Jill
Sky's mama, welcome to the incredible journey of nuturing twins, in utero and in your arms when they arrive! It sounds like you have been taking good care of yourself and that you are eager to read about some positive natural twin births. I also know what a challenge it can be to find people who understand! You have come to the right place to find encouragement for your natural approach to your pregnancy and deliveries. Our midwife instilled in us a strong belief...
Congrats on being an Aunt to twins!! It's so cool that your sister missed all the stress of being automatically lumped in to a "high risk" catagory when she was pregnant! Le Leche has a wonderful handout about helping a mother of twins and also tips for breastfeeding. You could request a copy from Le Leche or email me and I would be glad to get a copy to you. Here's some suggestions: *Offer to call around and get some support for her for things like laundry,...
Welcome Karen! The pictures of your girls are sooo cute! I had to smile when I saw their picture because it could of been a picture of my dd's at that age! My first daughter had a head full of hair while the second one had hardly any. It was easy to tell them apart unless we put hats on them! Glad you have come to hang out with us!! ~Jill Mom to ds 11/94 and identical twin daughters 7/97
I was really lucky to have both sets of Grandparents living close by. I had help every day for the first six months. My son had just turned three at the time my daughters were born and he still needed a lot of my attention. I just could not handle letting either of my girls cry and so having another set of hands was invaluable for me. I also remember getting on the phone and talking to other mothers of twins on those days when I thought I wouldn't make it. When my...
My daughters were born at 37 1/2 weeks weighing 7lbs 10 oz, and 7 lbs. 5 oz. I never had to supplement. My midwife made sure that I was eating and drinking enough to keep up my milk supply. I set up a couple of nursing areas in the house and one next to the bed. I kept a basket of fruit, healthy crackers, etc. next to each area and had my family & friends keep them filled for me. I also had my big water bottle close by. Can't wait to hear about the arrival of...
Welcome to mothering.com! I have been away for a few months and was so happy to see this new multiples section! Can't wait to hear more about you and your family! ~Jill
Yep, me too! It took me a long to get over the guilt of having to do things differently with my twin daughters then I did with my first child. The reality that I was not going to be able to do it the same way was one of the hardest things to deal with in the first year of their lives! Now that they are 5 1/2 years old I see that the beauty of their relationship and know that it makes up for anything that they may have missed out on by not being a singleton!! I...
Hot mama, I sent you a pm. I hope that you got it okay. How are you other mama's doing? I would love to hear how everyone is feeling both physically and emotionally. Denyse, how are you my friend? I'm sure you don't have much time to come here right now. I wanted to let you know that I have been thinking of you and wondering how everything is going for you! Take care ladies! ~Jill