or Connect

Posts by oneplusthree

Miriam, I started giving the bottle of EBM right from the start. After my babes were born we spent 4 days in the hospital. Because they were premature, they were sleepy. There was concern that they were not effectively nursing because of this. What they had me do was nurse each, then top off each baby with a bottle (formula until my milk came in) every feeding. Fortunately I had wonderful nurses (with the exception of one) & a great lactation consultant in the...
Hi, I was able to fully nurse triplets. It can be done. My triplets were born at 35 weeks. I nursed them just as Karen G described above in her post- nursing two & rotating who got the bottle of EBM at each feeding. I pumped after every feeding. One of my babies I had to work with her for over a month she did not nurse well-so she mostly was the one who received the EBM at night, but she would get more time on the breast during the day. I stopped rotating &...
Hi Amy, I don't post here very often, but would be happy to talk to your friend. I have 3 &1/2 yr old triplets plus a 6 yr old dd. I ap them to the best of my ability. I nursed all 3, my son weaned at 2 &1/2, & my girls at 3 (they last nursed on the morning of their 3rd birthday. I thought that was pretty cool). We've done a variety of sleeping arrangements since they were born. They started out in cribs, then progressed with rotating them in & out of our bed. ...
Hi! I'm glad to see another triplet mom here. I'm Beth, I have an almost 6 yr old daughter & 3 yr old triplets( g/b/g). I've posted here before, but it's been quite a while. I'm finding this to be a fun age ( a lot easier then the two's), hopefully I don't jinx myself now! I don't get online very often, but look forward to chatting with other like minded mom's. Beth
Angie, My three have their own bed. They sleep on a queen size mattress in their room. They used to end up in our bed everynight, but my dh is not a big fan of co-sleeping with more than one child. This caused a lot of problems for us ( husband ranting in the middle of the night about his lack of sleep). At around 16 months, we put the mattress on the floor in their room. I slept with them everynight. A lot of times I would sneak out once all were asleep & go...
Hi Angie, I never had mastitis with my singleton, but had it 6 or 7 times with my triplets! I think the mastitis in my case, was mostly caused by such a large supply (compared to nursing a singleton), that if we ever skipped a feeding, I would end up with mastitis if i didn't pump. Especially once they were older & not always nursing on a predictable basis. I learned that I either had to pump or nurse if I ever felt too full or had a plugged duct coming on or i...
Hi Leighanne, The J. Mason stroller is not worth the money. Once your babe is over a year you will have trouble with them fitting into the stroller. I've also read how people have had the frame bend on the stroller, once their children are older. ( go to the triplet connection website & read all about it). I used the J. Mason for 2 months after my triplets were born & ended up taking it back to BRU & getting my money back. The front seat has only a waist strap &...
Hi, My dd was almost 3 when my triplets were born. How old is your son? Whenever my dh or I ran out of the house to do errands or get take out, we'd always take her with us. I would try to spend time with her everyday away from the babies, by just going into another room to read books etc. when my dh would get home from work, I'd take her outside to play, just the two of us for a little while. It will become easier when your babies are a little older & more...
Hi mamaduck, What was a big hit for my three when they turned one, was animal bath towels( a dog a duck, & a ladybug). A friend of mine made them, but I've also seen them in the stores. She sewed a washcloth to the corner of the towel, added ears and eyes. I don't sew, but it seems like it would be easy enough to make. We still use them after every bath. What also comes to mind are those character plastic dish sets that come with the plate,...
I love the friday bra by warners. It sort of looks like a sports bra, but not as binding. It's very comfortable, gives great support, & best of all pulls down easily for nursing