or Connect

Posts by JamesMama

((hugs)) I don't even argue with my pedi. I never sited research or anything I simply say "We don't vaccinate for religious reasons." and leave it at that. It seems like if you say the magic 'r-word' they are too scared to make waves.
Oh wow...yes call. Now. Please.
DS got a bike one year for Easter (winter bdays here, we get bikes for Easter) and DH went somewhere (can't remember what we told DS) in all reality he went to my mom's assembled it and it lived in the back of the van for a day or 2 and then the 'Easter Bunny' snuck it in after he went to bed. Santa always assembles gifts here. The elves gotta do SOMETHING.
My DS will be 5 in January. He's always coslept. He is also pretty sensitive, always has been. Very clingy, very attached, very much needs DH or I for comfort. Always been this way. Well the problem is I'm due with #3 any day now and we are having a VERY hard time getting DS to move into (and stay) in his own bed. He wants DH or I to snuggle him (which isn't a huge deal, DH does it) but then he'll wake up at some point in the night and come into our bed. I'd prefer to...
This year? DS and DD That's it. DH had a kidney transplant in July, he was off work for 8 weeks, he took a 20% pay cut due to hours cuts at work, we're dead broke. We're dang lucky to put anything under the tree for DS and DD (it's very very very limited thats for sure). DH and I aren't even exchanging gifts, it's more important for us to get stuff for the kids. In a typical (AKA not sitting around the poverty level according to his YTD gross pay) year: DS DD DH my...
Quote: Originally Posted by snoopy5386 santa brings a few gifts, but mommies and daddies get gifts for kids too and we need to help the mommies and daddies. That's what I'd say...
Does Santa have a wrapping paper different from the rest? Santa does not wrap. He assembles is gifts at the North Pole and puts them under the tree with a tag Does he have printed cards for the children? No Does he visit the children while they sleep? Yes Where are the stockings? Usually on the floor next to their big gift Does he eat what is left out for him? Yes Does he leave a calling card, other than the presents? Nope Does he visit Grandma and Grandpa's house...
Phone skills. How to make an appointment, order food, etc. Plus everything mentioned.
We have a tradition where we do an orange, an apple, some nuts and a candy in the stocking. Then they'll get a couple little things. I think DS is getting hotwheels and a toothbrush. DD will get playdoh and a toothbrush. DH will get something he needs that he wouldn't buy himself but isn't really a 'gift' socks or underwear or gloves. No clue what I'll get, last year I got knitting needles (the cheapie ones from WM)
I agree, major pass the bean dip. She loves the attention and drama of an arguement "We hear your concerns, thank-you we will take them under advisement. How 'bout them Cubs?" if she continues "Yes, we understand you have concerns, thank-you. My, what is in this pumpkin pie? It tastes delicious." Wash, rinse, repeat. If she continues to push it then DH can say "Please, we are hear to enjoy the holidays. Lets discuss this at another time." if she pushes further DH...