or Connect

Posts by JamesMama

Right now I'm going to keep my appt with the GP on the 2nd to get my GBS test and go over my birth plan...the nurse scheduled me 'extra' time (a whopping 30 minutes vs their standard 15 minutes, I feel so cared about) to go over my plan. I'm forcing DH to come with me to get a read off of how hostile she is going to be. I'm also going to schedule my 37-week appt with the OB and force DH to come to that one as well and I'll go over my birth plan with her as well....get a...
I'm going to make as many phone calls as possible between now and then...try to find another option. I have a couple leads and I will see where they pan out. DH says he's open to a homebirth so long as I have a midwife here to assist. Hopefully I can find one. I'm not taking this lying down, I'm going to do whatever it takes in the next 4/5 weeks to avoid dealing with that OB. Either way I have an appt on the 2nd with the GP to go over my birthplan and I will make an...
The nurse told me to be as detailed as possible...this OB isn't at all 'natural friendly' so I want to make sure I leave no stone unturned. I don't want to overlook something and have them do it because it's routine or something. There is only 1 nurse on duty generally, unless they have a lot of women in at once, which is rare. This hospital had less than 200 births last year, it's not really 'hopping' The only doula option (free) I have is a girlfriend. I'm going to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Delicateflower How about getting in the car the moment your water breaks? Have your mother meet you on the way to take the kids. My mom might be at work...there isn't really an 'on the way' at least no half way point, it would take her 15 minutes to get to the only town we'd cross paths, it'll take us 5. If my moms at work my friend wouldn't be able to, she has 3 kids herself and wouldn't be able to fit her car seats...
I'm going to look into fully transfering my care. My first DS was born at the hospital nearest my house and they were constantly pushing formula, despite my refusals they kept pushing it. I will have to call and see if there are any OBs there taking new patients, especially a 35-week pregnanct patient. *sigh* I don't know if any of them are 'natural' friendly...I'll ask around. DH won't be a good advocate. He has no backbone when it comes to 'authority' figures, he...
My midwife just took an extended leave of absence for personal reasons (not sure what is going on). I was planning on a hospital birth with a midwife. I had that with my DD and it went well. I'm not opposed to birthing in a hospital with my midwife. Well now I don't have my midwife. My care has been transferred to an OB who is super super super intervention friendly, very much the MEDICAL model of care pregnancy/child birth is a MEDICAL EVENT which must be treated...
Oh, my m/w had said she'd allow me to go 18 hrs with broken waters without worrying if contractions haven't started because I also have a history of fast labors so I'd deliver well before the 24 hour mark
I'm facing the problem where I have a 50-50 chance of either delivering with an unfriendly OB or an only marginally more friendly GP (my midwife has suddenly taken an extended leave of absance for personal reasons, DH is 1000000% opposed to a UC, I do not know how to go about finding a HB midwife around here, I only have 5 weeks at most and don't have the money to pay one anyway). So I tweeked my brith plan from the 'please and thank-you' language I would use with my...
I'm in south central Iowa. I'm 35 weeks pregnant and just found out my midwife has taken a prolonged leave of absence for 'personal reasons'. I was seeing a CNM at a hospital, planning to deliver in hospital no problems. I had no issues with my daughters birth so I wasn't concerned. Well now they have the midwife (gone) and then a General practitioner that does pregnancy care/birth and an OB. From what I've heard both are hyper-intervention happy. Driving to a...
Aww! Congrats on your new addition what a beautiful kitten. We're considering getting DD a kitty once the baby is born (DH and I neither one can change the litter box due to toxoplasmosis) CONSIDERING it...haven't decided but we're considering it...that kitty brings up some kitty-lust though